Can-do attitude? Motivated? Helpful? You’ve come to the right place.
At Ace, we’re a place where you can make an impact. A place where your help is not only wanted, it is encouraged and celebrated. A place focused on the future, looking for new and better ways to compete in today’s marketplace. A place with an iconic history, a promising future, and a competitive spirit. We like to win.
Sound like a place where you’d like to be? But wait, there’s more!
Our people are the foundation of what makes Ace great.
We’re looking for the best people to help us fulfill our vision of being the most helpful hardware store on the planet. Join a competitive, fast-paced and friendly work environment and gain a sense of ownership, building on Ace’s continued success, and your own.
Ace Hardware corporation is a retailer-owned cooperative of more than 5,000 independent Ace stores in all 50 states, and 70 countries, with 14 distribution centers throughout North America. Ace’s distribution network is one of the cornerstones of the corporation’s success. By utilizing advanced technology and an integrated team approach at our distributions centers nationwide, we are able to consistently deliver one of the highest service levels in the industry to our retailers. This commitment to excellence carries through to each employee at our distribution centers.
What you’ll do
· Lead, support and encourage Ace Values: Winning, Excellence, Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility and Teamwork. (W.E. L.I.G.H.T.)
· Develop and maintain successful working relationships where you will use your skills to influence and provide advice and support on HR-related matters such as: staffing, employee relations, policy administration and performance management. Consults with HR Manager on more complex matters.
· Conducts employee relations investigations; determine and/or recommend the best corrective action for each situation with consultation from the HR Manager.
· Champion a positive and winning culture which enhances strong employee relations and high-level performance while leading by example.
· Provides day-to-day performance management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, and goal setting).
· Conduct New Hire Orientation, new hire check-in’s, stay interviews, and STOP (safety) observations.
· Provides recruiting support for exempt and non-exempt roles as needed.
· Assists with annual performance review tracking for non-exempt employees.
· With the guidance from corporate benefits, will assist with new hire benefits orientation and provide support on general benefit-related questions.
· Reporting (i.e., turnover, unemployment, etc.)
· Responsible for writing and posting Ace Online communication and articles related to employee engagement activities.
· Assist with the coordination of employee events for 2nd/3rd shift teams.
· Flexible to deal with issues that arise outside of normal business hours as needed.
· Other duties as assigned
What you need to succeed
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
· PHR/SPHR preferred
· Minimum 2-5 years progressive HR experience required
· Fluent in Spanish (helpful, but not required)
· Passionate “does whatever it takes” attitude
· Ability to multitask and work well in a fast-paced warehouse environment
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to create effective relationships throughout the organization with both rank & file as well as upper management
· Successful and demonstrated HR generalist experience with proven track record in employee relations, performance management, engagement, talent acquisition, training and development, project management and safety
· Be self-directed and motivated
· Take initiative to identify and anticipate business needs and make recommendations for implementation
· Experience with Workday HRIS helpful but not required
What does Ace offer you?
· Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability coverage, FSA, HSA and life benefits available for you and your family
· Generous 401(k) Savings and Retirement Plan including a company match and other discretionary company contributions
· Paid time away from work to relax and recharge
· Tuition reimbursement
· Merchandise discount
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location
Work in the heart of Downtown San Jose at the San Jose Convention Center & Visitors Bureau and Team San...Apply For This Job
Description Our client is looking for an HR Generalist to join their team in New York, NY. Pay Rate: $40/hour...Apply For This Job
Job Description: AssetMark is a leading strategic provider of innovative investment and consulting solutions serving independent financial advisors. We provide...Apply For This Job
About us: At Retrax, a Truck Hero company, we take pride in our reputation for providing innovative and high quality...Apply For This Job
Job description Eby-Brown is searching for a Human Resources Manager who has a demonstrated ability of being highly effective in...Apply For This Job
Description SummaryThe Business Development and Marketing Coordinator works closely with the Senior Business Development and Marketing Manager to support White...Apply For This Job