Human Resource Generalist
Essential Job Functions:
* Oversee and participate in the full life cycle of recruiting process to include working with managers and recruiters to create job postings, job descriptions and job offers.
* Submit required background reports, scheduling of drug screening, and scheduling for orientation.
* Work with managers and employees regarding employee relations and performance issues, including participating in and documenting disciplinary actions, investigations, and terminations.
* Maintain all Form I-9 information.
* Attend job fairs.
* Maintain personnel files, including filing information in appropriate sections in a timely manner in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
* Respond to unemployment claims.
* Benefits and FMLA/Leave administration.
* Manage recognition programs for employees.
* Present New Hire Orientation including ensuring new hire paperwork is completed properly
* Assist with employee events such as Driver Appreciation Week, holiday parties, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Work Characteristics:
* Maintain superior knowledge of key human resource and compliance matters such as I-9’s, ADA, FMLA, USERRA, EEOC, amongst others
* Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and customer service skills
* Ability to effectively plan, organize, and use independent judgment to resolve issues
* Must maintain highest standards of confidentiality
* Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field with 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above.
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. The company is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.