SUMMARY: Under general supervision, to do medical clerical work of a difficult and specialized nature; and to do related work as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Extracts from medical records information concerning condition, treatment, tests, medications, operative procedures, and final diagnoses of patients discharged from County hospitals; and sends to appropriate legal, health care, and other agencies.
2. Analyzes patients’ medical charts for completion and accuracy, prepares statements of diagnosis and treatments, and extracts other information required for the completion of forms received from patients’ insurance carriers.
3. Takes and transcribes doctors’ orders, case histories, physical examination notes, and related permanent medical records information and reports containing a wide variety of specialized medical terminology.
4. Acts as a receptionist in a clinical setting; answers telephone calls from providers, patients, doctors, nurses, visitors; screens patients over the phone to correctly refer to medical and specialty clinics; delivers messages to nursing staff, doctors, and ancillary department personnel; makes clinical appointments for patients; and uses intercom system.
5. Uses computer to request lab work, diet orders, x-rays, consults, medical records, medication amounts and schedule, physical therapy, EKG’s; uses computer to charge patients for services provided; gathers and inputs appropriate information in computer to complete the billing process or for case management/financial eligibility purposes; and enters information on RAND sheet.
6. Orders and restocks supplies for the hospital ward or department.
7. Prepares paperwork for admissions, discharges and transfers of patients; reviews medical papers received by mail and appropriately distributes or files; pulls and files charts, medical and lab sheets, etc. in medical records; assists with preparation of payroll and scheduling documents; and types forms, letters, memoranda, etc.
8. Delivers specimens to laboratory following established procedures to insure proper specimen identification and correct test request.
Education: High School diploma or GED with additional training a minimum. College graduate preferred.
Minimum Experience: Either one year of experience in the class of Clerk II or an equivalent higher level clerical class with AHS; or equivalent of one year full-time experience in clerical work that requires using and interpreting a wide variety of medical terminology; or completion of a medical terminology course or medical assisting program at an accredited college or university, plus the equivalent of one-year full-time experience in clerical work.
Required Licenses/Certifications: CPI -Crisis Prevention Intervention Training (required for all positions at John George Psychiatric Pavilion; and preferred for certain positions in the Emergency Department).
Highland General Hospital
HGH Med/Surg 8th Floor
Services As Needed / Per Diem
Admin, Business & Clinical Support
Job Discription ACP is hiring full-time or part-time Mental Health Practitioners to provide therapy and skills to children and adolescents...Apply For This Job
Job Discription Community Associate TX, Irving The world of work is changing…short commutes, flexibility, and convenience are the minimum standards...Apply For This Job
Job Description Valley View Health Center is seeking a full time receptionist (Behavioral Health Support Coordinator 1) who will provide...Apply For This Job
Job Discription CAREGIVER/HOME HEALTH AIDE Job Locations US-KY-NICHOLASVILLE Requisition ID 2021-29561 Line of Business : Name All Ways Caring HomeCare...Apply For This Job
About Innovative Family Dental: Have you always wanted to live in the mountains of Summit County? Have you always wanted...Apply For This Job
Description Description: My Independence at Home is actively seeking compassionate, professional, and reliable Home Health Aides to join our family!...Apply For This Job