**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment ****
Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!
Job Title: Donor Center Phlebotomist – Training Provided
Location: Horsham Donor Center
Join the American Red Cross Team-Where your career is a force for good! No experience needed – we train!
* 401 (K) with employer match
* Excellent Health/Dental/Vision insurance
* Paid time off & holidays
* Paid Family Leave (where applicable)
* Career Advancement Opportunities
About this Role
As a Donor Center Phlebotomist member, you’ll use your compassion and healthcare and/or customer service skills to work at our fixed sites using automated phlebotomy procedures. To prepare for the role, you’ll receive paid training, which is a mix of classroom instruction and field practice. The Red Cross offers the ability to grow your healthcare skills and career within the nation’s top humanitarian organization.
* Balance production, donor care, and quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
* Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
* Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
* Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors
* Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
* The aforementioned responsibilities of the Donor Center Phlebotomist describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Minimum of one year customer service experience in public setting required.
* Effective verbal communication and public relations skills are required
* Phlebotomy, CNA, EMT or MA experience a plus
* A current valid driver’s license and good driving record is required
* Physical requirements may include the ability to lift, push or pull heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs, good manual dexterity, the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and adapt to long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights