|Position Type|| |
|Line of Business|| |
The Nursing Supervisor assists the Nurse Manager with the supervision and delivery of nursing services to patients in their place of residence or in a company infusion suite and strives to provide the highest quality of care. This role (or qualified alternate) is available at all times during operating hours and participates in all activities relevant to the professional services furnished, including nursing visits, on-call coverage, staff development and the scheduling of personnel.
* Understands and adheres to all applicable regulations, standards and federal, state and local laws and established branch policies and procedures.
* Supervises, guides and develops patient care, personnel skills and performances. Serves as a resource to the Nurse Manager and branch staff.
* Consults with the Nurse Manager in determining a staffing pattern that will accomplish stated objectives and promote efficient utilization of patient care personnel.
* Recruits, hires, evaluates and terminates personnel; institutes, interprets and documents disciplinary action.
* Follows policies and procedures and uses appropriate channels for changes of such policies.
* Coordinates interdisciplinary team services, including community agencies, as appropriate.
* Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient-related information.
* Develops a cooperative relationship and communicates effectively and professionally with physicians and referral sources.
* Assists with the Branch’s ongoing Quality Improvement (QI) program.
* Assists Nurse Manager in conducting patient care conferences and staff meetings and maintains documentation. Participates in community education projects.
* Provides direct patient care and participates in on-call rotation.
* Acts as Nurse Manager in the Nurse Manager’s absence.
* Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing
* The skilled nursing and other therapeutic services furnished are under the supervision and direction of a physician or a nurse practitioner, per state regulations
* Minimum of two (2) years home health nursing experience, preferably in home infusion
* Excellent IV Nursing skills
* One (1) year of supervisory experience required; two (2) years preferred
* Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment
* Ability to work with individuals to enlist cooperation of many people to perform/achieve a common goal
The Nurse Supervisor supervises a nursing staff of 5-10.
About our Line of Business
Need help finding the right job?
Amerita is an is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
Job Discription POSITION OVERVIEW We have an opening for a Clinical Case Manager in our Keystone Community Services program! The Clinical Case Manager (CSI) position is...Apply For This Job
Job Description If you are interested in a position that allows you to make a difference in the community, and...Apply For This Job
QCI Healthcare is seeking experienced Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) for PRN/per diem in throughout the Muskegon, Grand Haven, Spring Lake...Apply For This Job
Job Description Sanford Health is one of the largest and fastest-growing not-for-profit health systems in the United States. We’re proud...Apply For This Job
Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring Certified Medical Assistants to perform humanitarian work in El Paso, TX conducting basic...Apply For This Job
Job Discription Are you passionate about Occupational Therapy and are looking for a perfect work life balance or are looking...Apply For This Job