Argosy Collegiate Charter School (ACCS) proudly provides a tuition free, college preparatory, small school environment for scholars to grow, learn, and develop collegiate dispositions and capacities. We are open to all learners and are focused on transforming college and career readiness for our scholars.
Successful teachers are flexible, data driven, and deeply engaged in the feedback/coaching cycle so that there is cohesiveness in instruction, classroom culture and academic outcomes.
There is urgency in the work and our vision for success in college, career, and life applies to 100% of our scholars.
Teachers must have strong content knowledge while also seeking opportunities to make meaningful cross-curriculum connections for scholars. Teachers develop and enact well-developed repertoires of effective instructional strategies including developing scholars’ disciplinary literacy in their content area. Effective teachers intentionally plan for differentiation and scaffolding to provide equity and access to the MA Curriculum Frameworks. Delivering high academic achievement for all is the essential mission of the school.
REPORTS TO: Principal
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ACCS teachers’ responsibilities are centered around daily planning and delivery of highly-effective instruction and assessments that develop all scholars’ proficiency in the
Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks. Teachers are responsible for enacting schoolwide systems and routines to ensure scholars have a well-organized, structured, and productive learning environment. Teachers fully engage and effectively enact co-teaching models with other general education, special education, and English language teachers. Timely submission of all deliverables and active participation in professional development and collegiate collaborations are also essential responsibilities.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Create and execute rigorous daily lesson plans that align to MA Common Core Frameworks and support scholars toward high levels of academic achievement in co-taught inclusion settings and small group targeted instruction.
2. Utilize a range of data sources to drive instruction, plan for supports and interventions, and develop responsive lesson plans.
3. Use a variety of informal and formal assessments methods, including common interim assessments, to measure scholars’ learning, growth, and progress toward achieving state/local standards
4. Provide varied and differentiated instruction to meet scholars where they are and challenge and motivate them to meet their full potential – this includes innovative use of co-teaching models with special education and English language teachers and implementation of SEI strategies.
5. Implement Individual Education Plans, 504 plans, and EL strategies to support scholars attainment of academic goals and achievement.
6. Effectively communicate and collaborate with scholars, families, and colleagues in ways that exemplify the Argosy Collegiate DREAM values.
Family and Community Engagement
1. Engage with families in a way that is culturally responsive and collaborative to ensure that all families are welcome and can contribute to the classroom, school, and community’s effectiveness; work with colleagues to identify and remove barriers to families’ involvement, including but not limited to families with limited access to technology, and families whose home language is not English.
2. Work collaboratively to identify each scholar’s academic, social, emotional, and behavioral needs, including scholars with disabilities and English learners.
3. Provide regular, two-way, culturally responsive communication with families in ways that demonstrates understanding of and respect for different home languages, culture, and values.
1. Create a positive, warm, and achievement-oriented environment based on high expectations that engages, encourages, and motivates scholars to own their own learning, behaviors, and choices.
2. Hold all scholars to a high bar of excellence, integrity, and accountability.
3. Work with school leadership to ensure discipline policies, systems and routines, and classroom management expectations are consistently and effectively enacted.
1. Effectively communicate with scholars, families, and colleagues in ways that exemplify the DREAM values.
2. Consistently fulfill all professional responsibilities, including punctuality and reliability, and adhere to district attendance policies; submit deliverables in a timely fashion.
3. Attend and actively engage in all professional development, data-analysis, and planning meetings.
4. Demonstrate a reflective and solutions-oriented disposition during problem-solving opportunities, collaboration with colleagues, team leaders, and school leadership to improve instructional, cultural, and leadership systems and structures.
5. Engage in a continuous cycle of feedback and improvement regarding instruction, planning, and classroom culture.
6. Demonstrate sound, professional judgment, adhere to school and/or district’s existing code of ethics, and protect student, family, and staff confidentiality.
Desired Skills and Characteristics
1. Alignment with Argosy Collegiate’s mission and vision for college and career readiness and success for all scholars.
2. Ability to think critically, problem-solve, backward plan, analyze and use data, and prioritize the needs of scholars.
3. System-oriented and yet flexible and responsive to the needs of scholars and the organization.
4. Strong organization and professional communication skills.
JOB TYPE: Full-time, Exempt
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $47,500.00 – $75,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location
Center Consolidated School District 26Jt is accepting applications for the position of Elementary Teacher. Qualifications; Must hold a Colorado Teaching...Apply For This Job
The Social Studies Teacher is responsible for the daily instructional delivery of curriculum, assessment, and classroom management that aligns with...Apply For This Job
german language teacher: for children About us German-American School New York. Teaching German language (German as a foreign language). New...Apply For This Job
Responsibilities: You will teach Macro and Micro Economics at Advanced Placement-level/IB/ALevel.Our students seek to gain entry at top universities overseas...Apply For This Job
We are currently in need of 2 Toddler Teachers for our 2 year old classrooms. One classroom is Early Head...Apply For This Job
Greater Philadelphia YMCA Employment Opportunity! POSITION PURPOSE The Pre-K Counts Teacher is expected to provide a safe and developmentally appropriate...Apply For This Job