Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list , which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Joining Arup as a People Services Intern offers an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work with an outstanding People team supporting some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. This summer internship provides a rewarding skill building experience where you will be able to deliver quality work that has a positive and lasting influence and have a ton of fun doing it.
Arup is searching for a People Services/ Human Resources Intern (NYC pr Edison, NJ), supporting the East Coast. In this role you will support the People team with a range of employee lifecycle transactions including recruitment, new starter setup and onboarding, mobility, staff records and data maintenance and off boarding. In this position, you will learn how to take the skills you are acquiring in school, related courses and apply them in a professional setting. This role will report directly to a local People Business Partner based on geographic location of the role.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS SPECIFIC ROLE WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
– Partner with team to manage new hire setup and onboarding requirements
– Assist People Coordinators with the production of key employment documents including updating and maintenance of staff records, legal compliance for online staff files, and data processing
– Support recruitment operations and mobility needs including the coordination of job postings and recruitment system updates, scheduling phone screens and on-site interviews, planning of campus recruitment related events and supporting visa/green card applications
– Assist Total Rewards team with internal and external audits, research and administrative reviews of benefits and wellness programs, maintain team intranet site up-to-date
– Coordinate wellness and insurance enrolments and partner with Benefits Coordinator to communicate with service providers
– Assist L&D Specialist with keeping training course evaluations and attendance records.
– Assist Learning team with updating presentations and converting existing learning into e-learning
– Provide friendly support and advice for staff on simple policy and procedure questions
– Contribute to the automation of People processes and new People system implementation
– Support efforts around employee engagement, equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI), performance management and retention
– Support broader People initiatives and ad hoc requests to deliver high-quality outcomes on People projects across the Americas region.
– Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, HR (Human Resources) or related field preferred
– Can prioritize effectively and have exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment.
– Has a bias for action and proven ability to deliver high-quality results
– Demonstrates intellectual curiosity, creativity, and agility
– Has strong interpersonal and collaboration skills crucial for team-based working
– Accountable for accuracy and timeliness of work within the department
– Solid attention to detail in composing and proofing documents, prioritizing and achieving desired outcomes promptly
– High level of integrity to handle confidential information and situations
– Strong service orientation with a proven desire to go above and beyond
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills – ability and confidence to collaborate with all levels of the organization
– Experience using a variety of software applications especially Microsoft Office
– Must not now nor in the future require visa sponsorship
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day.
– 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
– Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
– Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
– Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
– WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
– Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
– Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
– Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
– LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
– Queen’s Way West Revitalization, Canada
– Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. I ndividuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to .
Description Position Summary: The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will serve as a key member of our HR Business Partner...Apply For This Job
Description Looking for a job to get you out of bed?The Visual Merchandising team is looking for a Visual Merchandise...Apply For This Job
The Opportunity: As the Multi-Site HRBP you will oversee general administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resource function for...Apply For This Job
The Business Office Manager is responsible for achieving cash collection and AR goals for the Facility. Works with other department...Apply For This Job
The work is primarily consultative in nature, and elements of the work include leading the compensation team that does job...Apply For This Job
Description Human Resources Specialist Location: New York City, New York |Salary: $25.00 |Posted: 1 Jul 2021 |Closes: 1 Aug 2021...Apply For This Job