Don’t like being stuck at a desk all day doing the same thing everyday? Want to travel, work on cool stuff, and make much more money than a regular 8-5 job? This could be your opportunity!
Benning Power Electronics makes Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS), battery chargers, and backup power systems for some of the largest companies in the world in the chemical, telecommunications, and public transportation industries. We serve a niche market by providing high-reliability, customized solutions instead of mass-produced standard products. Our equipment is used in critical applications that cannot tolerate a loss of power. Benning is a global company based in Germany with offices in many countries; the US subsidiary located in Richardson, TX, is responsible for sales, engineering, manufacturing, and field service in the US, Canada, and Mexico.
We are seeking people whom we can train to perform field service on our equipment. If you understand the basics of electricity and power conversion equipment, we can teach you how to test and repair our products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Willingness to travel approximately three weeks per month, work flexible shifts, and adapt to changing schedules
· Understanding of electricity as it relates to AC and DC power conversion equipment
o Real and reactive power in AC systems
o Three-phase power systems
o Basic components and operation of rectifiers and inverters
o Transformers, relays, circuit breakers, fuses, etc.
o Grounding practices
· Basic understanding of digital electronics
o Digital inputs and outputs
o Serial communication such as RS232, CAN Bus
· Ability to read and understand electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, one-line diagrams, etc.
· Proficient in the use of test tools such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, load banks, etc.
· Ability to methodically and efficiently troubleshoot and fix problems due to electrical hardware, parameter settings, or customer misoperation while working in the high-pressure environment of a customer site
· Physical ability to perform repairs on equipment that involves lifting, bending over, working on small enclosures, crimping wires, adjusting lugs, etc.
· Willing to self-educate, learn, adapt, and perform different roles as required in a dynamic work environment
· Strong English speaking and writing skills to avoid misunderstandings or legal liabilities with customers
· Experience performing field service work for UPS’, rectifiers, inverters, DC-DC converters, or other power conversion equipment is highly desired
· Associate of Science in Electrical Engineering (ASEE) or Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) is highly desired
· Fluency in Spanish and/or German is a big plus but not required
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Job Details Full-time$70,000 – $140,000 a year1 hour ago Benefits Dental insurance Health insurance 401(k) Qualifications React REST Ruby on...Apply For This Job
IT – Sr Software Engineer Location Remote to start. Will definitely be Onsite in Baskin Ridge, NJ afterward. Candidates in...Apply For This Job
At AT&T, we’re transforming the speed of business. Our National Sales team works at the center of the deal –...Apply For This Job
Highland is looking for a Junior Laravel Developer to continue modernizing and maintaining a large PHP application with a small...Apply For This Job
Company Description Headquartered in Los Angeles, AireSpring is an award-winning Managed Services Provider specializing in Unified Communications, Managed Network, and...Apply For This Job
Job Description We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the applications to move money and information...Apply For This Job