Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Executive Director of the UXC, the Senior User Experience Consultant joins a User Experience consulting team serving a wide variety of clients across industries. In this role, you will provide qualitative and quantitative research services to outside clients, manage UX projects, engage in business development activities such as proposal writing, and manage graduate students employed by the Center. Clients come from a wide variety of industries seeking product and evaluation support for digital and non-digital products and services including websites, mobile applications, B2B applications, and physical products and devices, including medical equipment.
This position requires extensive experience planning and executing a variety of qualitative and quantitative UX methods including field methods, focus groups, usability testing, eye tracking, card sorting, expert reviews, wireframing, accessibility evaluations, design thinking, UX strategy, and survey design and analysis.
• Provide User Experience (UX) consulting services to clients, including the management of projects, budgets, schedules, and deliverables
• Oversight of project planning, execution, client management, and ensuring the quality of project deliverables
• Close collaboration with senior UXC colleagues and graduate student teams
• Generate leads and write proposals to generate new business
• Contribute to the positive culture and experience of UXC clients and staff
• Mentor and manage graduate students with diverse cultural backgrounds
• Market and promote the UXC
• Contribute to other ongoing UXC operations
• Contribute to the evolution of the Center’s offerings and capabilities
• Bachelor’s degree. Bachelor’s degree or higher level of education in UX, cognitive psychology, human computer interaction, human factors, or related field preferred.
• 5-7+ years of UX consulting with diverse clients and varied products.
• 5-7+ years’ experience planning and executing qualitative and quantitative UX research methods including field methods, focus groups, usability testing, eye tracking, card sorting, expert reviews, wireframing, accessibility evaluations, design thinking, UX strategy and surveys. Alternatively, design strategy, process and execution expertise is of interest as well.
• Business development expertise working with clients to define project approaches and writing proposals.
• Strong foundation in core UX methods, proven interest in, or expertise with, one or more specialized UX-related services including, but not limited to, quantitative methods, design strategy and processes, service design, and others.
• Demonstrable thought leadership through professional presentations and publication authorship.
• Experience managing project teams.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, extensive experience presenting to clients or business partners.
• Ability to develop strong rapport and working relationships with clients.
• Typical office setting with extensive sitting and computer work.
• Occasional overnight travel is required to complete client work and to attend professional conferences.
• Evening work is sometimes required when conducting UX research or hosting UXC-related events.
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/r7jK47s7mgzwkF2Vacz7AP