FULL COVID VACCINATION MANDATED
$2,000 Sign On Bonus
Certified coder opportunity located in our Williamsville office in a team-based environment within our coding department. Hours are Monday through Friday, with flexible options, along with 4-day work week options. Weekly partial remote opportunity after completion of an introductory period, training, ability to work independently on assignments, and within the productivity mean of the department. Must have at least one year of coding experience, and be located within the WNY region for occasional in-person meetings with providers and staff. Experience in surgical coding or HCC/risk adjustment coding a plus. Coding certification through AHIMA (CCS-P) or AAPC (CPC) required.
Buffalo Medical Group (BMG) is a multi-specialty group where coders have the empowerment and responsibility of a specialty. If the idea of ownership of work and meaningful collaborative contributions directly with providers sounds ideal for you, then please apply to join our team. BMG invests in its coders and their continued progression within the coding profession by providing materials, collaborative team training, online coding resources, and CEUs.
· Reviews and analyses patient records and translates all diagnostic and procedural terminology. Verifies providers assignments based on applicable CPT and ICD-10 codes and overall coding conventions.
· Reviews, researches and resolves all coding rejections for assigned specialties through the use of work queues.
· Reviews assigned Provider EpicCare/Haiku charge work queues for documentation and coding appropriateness. Provides feedback and training directly to the Provider. Reports any system errors to Supervisor/Director
· Works directly with Resolute Analysts in building internal charge scrubbers based on denial trends in order to decrease back end denials.
· Serves as liaison to the physician/provider. Coordinates meetings with physicians.
· Meets with assigned physicians and non-physicians practitioners to review charges and denials in order to educate and insure the reduction in denials
· Provides and/or assists in the training of new personnel
· Reviews all new insurance updates and disperses to proper providers/physicians/office staff
· Attends reimbursement seminars and department meetings as required
· Meet with specific payer representative, with a CBO supervisor, to discuss and resolve various group issues
· Convey the results of the payer specific meetings to all group employees affected
· Review monthly correspondences from the payer and convey all relevant changes to those impacted
· Attend payer meetings/seminars
· Maintain a good working relationship with collaborating Claims Representatives.
· Develop an over all good understanding of payer guidelines and act as the first contact point for all claim/physician reps with payer specific questions
· Assists Supervisor in maintaining payer-specific issue list.
· Maintain payer-specific issue list
· Provide resolution suggestions for payer issues
· Assists in training CBO new hires on assigned payer protocols
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location