1. Teaches courses in mathematics to secondary pupils, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate curriculum publications as guidelines in teaching individual course content.
2. Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
3. Develops lesson plans and appropriate instructional aids stressing “discovery” and laboratory learning methods.
4. Demonstrates mathematical concepts using models, other available technology methods and other standard or teacher-prepared instructional aids.
5. Provides opportunities when needed for individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
6. Designs learning activities that will relate mathematics to the physical world.
7. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
8. Evaluates each pupil’s progress in mathematical knowledge and skills.
9. Selects and requisitions books an instructional aids, and instructional supplies and maintains required inventory records.
10. Communicates with parents to interpret contemporary methods in teaching mathematics and with parents and school counselors to discuss the individual pupil’s progress.
11. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
12. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work day.
13. Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
14. Shares in the sponsorship of student activities such as mathematic teams and participates in faculty committees.
15. Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district, and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
16. Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which he/she will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.
17. Performs other duties as many, from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Length of contract to be determined by Supervisor. EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $68,000.00 /year
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $68,000.00 per year
Company’s Facebook page:
For best consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume with your application by 11:59pm on Sunday, February 20, 2022. ...Apply For This Job
State Technical College of Missouri seeks an industry or academic professional to take responsibility for the overall success, including financial...Apply For This Job
Summary/Objective: With the leadership and guidance of the Director of Family Literacy and the Bright Beginnings Manager, the Bright Beginnings...Apply For This Job
Upper Elementary Teacher/Guide (4th, 5th, and 6th graders)WMPCS is looking for highly qualified, dedicated, student-driven teachers as we expand. We...Apply For This Job
Palm Harbor Montessori Academy is seeking experienced and reliable Substitute Teachers! Position summary: Substitute Teachers will help us fill gaps...Apply For This Job
Job Location: Miramar – Miramar, FL Position Type: Full Time Job Shift: Variable Job Category: Education Description SUMMARY Instructors’ primary...Apply For This Job