Job Title: Elementary School Teacher
Supervisor: School Building Principal
Promotes and nurtures the education of students by planning and tailoring courses of study; monitoring, assisting with, and correcting, academic efforts; providing a safe environment conducive to learning; keeping parents informed.
Essential Duties Elementary School Teacher
· Educates students by planning and developing course of study according to curriculum guidelines; school district and state requirements.
· Tailors course of study by developing modifications for several levels of academic ability and previous achievement.
· Develops and presents lesson plans by using a variety of techniques, including lectures, projects, exhibits, field trips, audiovisual and library resources, computers, and the internet.
· Monitors, assists, corrects, and grades student results by preparing assignments and tests for in-school preparation and homework; conducting standardized tests in accordance with district policies and state law.
· Maintains order in the classroom by counseling students with behavioral problems; consulting with other professionals where there appears to be evidence of learning disabilities, drug, or alcohol abuse, problems of social adjustment, or child abuse.
· Maintains safe, secure, and healthy educational environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
· Intercepts deterioration in achievement by counseling students with academic difficulties; drawing on the school system’s resources for additional academic assistance.
· Keeps parents informed by maintaining records of academic performance, attendance, and social acclimation; reporting on all elements of student development at parent-teacher conferences, both regularly scheduled and as-needed.
· Provide student support services by monitoring halls, study periods, and lunchroom; sponsoring student organizations or activities.
· Updates job knowledge by attending faculty meetings; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Enhances school’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Performs related duties as required and requested by supervisor.
Skills/Qualifications Elementary School Teacher
Classroom Management, Verbal Communication, Resolving Conflict, Presentation Skills, Self-Motivated, Motivating Others, Listening, Collaborative Teaching, Deals with Uncertainty, Objectivity, Confidentiality
Job Specifications Elementary School Teacher
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree and possess a current and valid Michigan Teaching Certificate required by the Michigan Department of Education.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, to enter data into a computer; to see and read a computer screen and printed materials with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal classroom levels, outdoors and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in normal classrooms, outdoors and on the telephone; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds; to bend, stoop, climb stairs, and reach overhead.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: Up to $60,000.00 per year
Summary Information: Job Title Elementary Teacher Vacancy # 3298 Position # # of Openings 1 Category Teaching Positions Employment Full-time...Apply For This Job
Spaulding Academy & Family Services has a wonderful opportunity for a dynamic and creative Special Education Teacher to join our...Apply For This Job
De tiempo parcial se necesitan a profesores de la lengua hispana para cursos de conversación de todos los niveles para...Apply For This Job
4th Grade Classroom Teacher Luther Memorial Academy is a non-public, Christian day school in Erie, PA. We are looking for...Apply For This Job
Child Care: Assistant TeacherSummit School, Duluth, the premier preschool for children from six weeks to six years, is currently seeking...Apply For This Job
Join our close-knit team of Teachers driven to make a difference in children’s lives! Adelphoi Education in Uniontown has a...Apply For This Job