CARING PEOPLE ALLIANCE JOB DESCRIPTION
Statement of General Purpose
The Staff Accountant is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely accounting records and financial statements, preparing internal and external financial statements, reviewing financial information from the general ledger, and maintaining accurate journal entries. This position assists in processing the bi-weekly payroll.
· Prepares general ledger entries for income, expense, and asset accounts.
· Ability to work well in a team environment, handle multiple tasks with deadlines and pressure, adjusting work schedules to meet deadlines.
· Prepares payments and reconcile invoices for accounting cycle.
· Solves accounting and financial issues by researching, interpreting data, and generating reports.
· Issues invoices and post payments for accounting cycle.
· Reconciles vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies when necessary; general ledgers from bank statements and merchant statements.
· Provides support for the preparation, implementation, and administration of periodic and annual budgets.
· Provides support for internal and external audit processes to ensure compliance with CPA, funding sources, government, and other regulations and requirements.
· Provides support for the review and analysis of operations; provides support for developing recommendations for modifications and revisions to accounting systems, program operations, record keeping, etc.
· Verifies timesheets and attendance records, which may affect payroll and resolves any exceptions.
· Assists in processing bi-weekly payroll.
· Processes manual checks.
· Works with Human Resources to resolve payroll-related issues or discrepancies.
· Other duties as assigned.
· The Staff Accountant is expected to have strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
· A working knowledge of payroll best practices, as well as applicable state and federal regulations.
· Knowledge of the methods, principles, practices, and procedures of finance and accounting.
· Ability to perform a variety of accurate and timely mathematical computations and calculations.
· Ability to post data to manual and computerized files and databases.
· Ability to process a variety of financial transactions.
· Knowledge of general office policies, procedures, and work methods.
· Knowledge of personal computers and networked systems and their use and applications for database management, tracking and reporting, etc. in a non-profit environment.
· Ability to provide management with timely and accurate reports and recommendations.
· Ability to communicate effectively and work productively with executives, managers, staff, government agencies, outside auditors, etc. in a positive, pleasant, and professional manner.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field.
· 2 years of experience working in an accounting role.
· 1 year of accounting responsibility in a nonprofit organization required.
· Experience processing payroll in ADP Workforce is highly preferred.
· This position includes the normal physical demands associated with work in an office environment, including lifting, bending, and carrying; and travel to other facilities, offices, and organizations throughout the Philadelphia area.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,825.00 per year
Job Description Advertising Account Executive Spectrum Reach currently seeks a dynamic Advertising Account Executive for our Mankato, MN media market....Apply For This Job
Introduction Placer County is comprised of over 1,400 square miles of beautiful and diverse geography, ranging from the residential and...Apply For This Job
The Staff Accountant provides analytical and costing support to corporate and plant leadership for manufacturing operations. What your day may...Apply For This Job
Job Description Job Title – Account Representative Job Location – Independence, MO Start A Great Career With A Great Purpose!...Apply For This Job
Description The Customer Care Navigator will interact face-to-face with customers, assisting in providing complete resolution of customer concerns including claims,...Apply For This Job
Summary Job Purpose The Accountant II within the Grants and Contracts Accounting (GCA) department supports the day to day account...Apply For This Job