Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision, is responsible to assist the Physician, PA, or NP in support of medical care of urgent care patients. Day to day activities will vary from triage, answering phones, taking medical histories, to performing lab work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Demonstrates high level of interpersonal and communication skills necessary to consistently receive and greet visitor, patients, and staff members in a professional manner.
· Perform selected nursing and administrative duties.
· Perform direct patient care as instructed by the Physician, PA, or NP.
· Perform lab tests as directed by the Physician, PA, or NP.
· Prepare patients for examination and treatment. Take patient histories and vital signs.
· Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
· Administer injections and apply dressings as instructed.
· Distribute medications as directed by Physician, PA, or NP.
· Requires ability to perform venipuncture.
· Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
· Assist provider in preparing for minor surgeries and exams.
· Assist with scheduling of tests and treatments.
· Order and maintain clinical and office supplies and equipment.
· Maintain patient files, records and other information.
· Maintain equipment for use at all times, in a clean and safe condition.
· Makes suggestions to improve work methods.
· Trains new employees.
· Other duties may be assigned.
· High School Diploma and Certificate from CAAHEP or AHBES accredited program.
· Certified by AAMA
· Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees of the organization.
· Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Frequently stand, walk, reach with hands or arms, feel with fingers, talk, hear and smell
· Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
· Vision requirements include close, distance, peripheral, color vision as well as depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We provide all the proper PPE for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.75 – $18.00 per hour
Medical Receptionist: Job Description Position: Full-time – Based at our Woodinville location (bi-weekly travel to Bellevue) Summary of Position: Bellevue...Apply For This Job
Description Job Summary Responsible for providing patients with daily living activities. Maintains the environment to ensure the safety of staff,...Apply For This Job
The Doctor’s House, a premier internal medicine practice in Edina, Minnesota, led by Adepero Okulaja, MD., is looking for a...Apply For This Job
We are a growing Pediatric Dental Office! We value out patients and our team, and take pride in our work...Apply For This Job
SUMMARYThe Global Medical Information and Education (GMIE) Contractor (Level II) within Global Medical Affairs, Oncology works with the GMIE team...Apply For This Job
Job Discription Part Time Hospital Services Position! Day Shift/ 2 days a week/ 15 hours a week! Great...Apply For This Job