Level II: $78,299.33 – $113,534.03
Level III: $83,545.62 – $121,141.14
Level IV: $90,378.26 – $131,048.48
The City of Greeley Water & Sewer Department is seeking professionals who are committed to providing water & sewer for a growing, dynamic community. As a part of the Engineering Division, you will work with other dedicated employees to enhance Greeley’s leadership role in the Colorado wastewater community. This is a mid to senior level engineering position, which will provide project management of simple to complex wastewater projects concurrently. Areas of responsibility include the planning, permitting, design, and construction of the city’s wastewater treatment, lift stations, and infrastructure projects. Duties include the development of environmental permitting and other permitting applications; project planning and design; construction management; management of consultants and contractors; coordination with stakeholders and the public; and project administration including costs, schedule, and quality management. This position requires a self-motivated candidate with
sound engineering judgment and problem solving skills who can work independently with significant responsibility and opportunity for advancement.
This is a continuous posting that may be closed at any time, the first review of candidates in on June 7, 2021.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
• 3-5 years of experience in municipal engineering or related work experience;
• Engineer in Training (EIT) Certificate required;
• Must have Colorado Professional Engineers license or ability to obtain within one year.
• 7+ years of experience in municipal engineering or related work experience;
• Licensed Professional Civil Engineer.
• 15+ years of experience in municipal engineering or related work experience;
• Licensed Professional Civil Engineer;
• Supervisory experience desired.
• Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering, or closely related field, Masters of Science degree preferred.
• Experience in the design, construction, and oversight of wastewater and/or water projects that includes knowledge of the materials, design methods, and construction techniques used in the design.
• Candidate must have the ability to host construction management meetings; pre-bid and pre-construction conferences; and completing periodic field inspections, change orders, and invoicing.
• Knowledge of environmental permitting requirements including the National Environmental Policy Act, Clean Water Act, and Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
• Candidates should have skills in software packages relating to GIS, hydraulic modeling in InfoSWMM, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record are required
• Ability to provide project leadership that may include time manage, project costs, and project schedules that includes negotiating project scope of services and fee schedules.
• Manage consultant and contractor contracts.
• Ability to oversee project planning; permitting; project plan and specification development; invoicing; construction management; and construction inspection activities.
• Ability to lead and assist Engineering Development Review in defining development requirements based on governing codes and criteria’s, review hydraulic/utility reports, and plan for the expansion of municipal collections systems.
• Perform technical research; review work products or completed construction; evaluate alternatives; and provide reliable recommendations and advice in order to move projects forward. Periodically present projects and work products to coworkers or at board, City Council, or public meetings.
• Communicate clearly in written and verbal formats.
• Work effectively with coworkers, consultants, governmental agencies, contractors, stakeholders, and general public to achieve the city’s objectives.
• Respond to requests for information and engineering assistance from coworkers, other departments, governmental agencies, or the general public.
• Complete other tasks as assigned.
• The work environment is a combination of office space and field locations with frequent interaction with other staff and frequent participation in meetings.
• Exposure to all weather conditions and various types of noise when on project sites
• Field work involves working in and around construction projects with heavy equipment being used by contractors. Safety equipment such as hard hat, reflective safety vest, hard toe boots, and safety glasses are used as needed.
• Position requires applicant to be ambulatory.
• Mobility and manual dexterity to inspect work sites, operate vehicles, and use computer equipment.
• Vision enough to interpret written documents, interpret engineering drawings, and inspect work products.
• Communication skills to adequately convey information to contractors, property owners, other personnel, and the general public;
• Mobility to inspect work sites for compliance with plans and specifications and move over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces;
• Manual dexterity to operate computer equipment and vehicles; to accurately input, retrieve and verify work assignments; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms;
• Duties may occasionally require light to moderate physical effort that includes: stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling; frequent standing or walking; frequently lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds;
• Extensive work is performed on a computer.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY: The Driver for the Sanitation Division is responsible for driving large commercial garbage trucks and will assist...Apply For This Job
Recruitment Information Recruitment Number 21-0027 THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL 25 APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED. PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY AS...Apply For This Job
Job Summary If you are interested in starting a career in law enforcement we invite you to become aCITY OF...Apply For This Job
The New York office of McGuireWoods seeks an Associate for the Government Investigations and White Collar Litigation Department. Our nationally-recognized...Apply For This Job
JOB CLASS TITLE: Administrative Associate II POSITION NUMBER: 60059468 DEPARTMENT: Dept of Public Safety DIVISION/SECTION: Adult Correction / Prisons SALARY...Apply For This Job
Recruitment Information Recruitment Number 22-0211 The Department of Land & Natural Resources has (1) ONE urgent vacancy located in Lahaina,...Apply For This Job