Contract to hire
We are working with a client in the Warwick area who is looking for a Staff Accountant on a contract to hire basis.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs day-to-day general accounting activities: journal entries, account reconciliations, to ensure compliance with established accounting policies, practices and procedures
· Perform month-end closing activities such as preparing and reviewing reconciliations and journal entries related to cash, prepaid expenses, payroll, accrued expenses, and other areas
· Maintain account reconciliations and related schedules
· Perform financial analysis of various balance sheet and income statement accounts to support business
· Review purchase order cost confirmations from vendors to identify issues and resolve them using internal product information management systems
· Research and resolve invoice discrepancies to ensure timely payment to vendors
· Develop and implement accounting procedures by evaluating current procedures and recommend changes as the team and company scale.
· Prepare supporting schedules for external auditors for quarterly and year-end audits
Experience and Required Qualifications
· A successful candidate must have a BS degree in accounting,
· Minimum of 1-3 years of progressive experience in a fast-paced accounting department
· The candidate should be a quick learner, have strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities, and be an independent thinker with a proven ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
· The candidate should be detailed and deadline-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with varying priorities with a strong willingness to learn new things
· The candidate should possess advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 – $35.00 per hour
Work Location: One location