The Operations Manager leads daily activities of the warehouse and delivery/logistics functions. The Operations Manager also performs the following duties personally or through distribution department:
1. Organizes and routes all deliveries and trucks daily to meet the customer’s needs and minimize overtime
2. Negotiates common carrier rates for inbound and outbound freight
3. Manage warehouse personnel while creating positive team atmosphere while also focusing on customer satisfaction.
4. Plan and implement safety policies and procedures adhering to OSHA and DOT.
5. Create and maintain loading procedures to ensure safe transport as well as minimized damage to product.
6. Maintain safe, clean, organized warehouse and prepare for audits
7. Keeps abreast of warehouse distribution best practices and continually seeks opportunity to utilize technology to enhance efficiency of the warehouse distribution processes
8. Develops warehouse operations system improvements by analyzing process workflow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout; implementing changes.
9. Involvement in freight for overseas shipments
10. Works closely with customer service on warehouse and delivery operations
11. Work with management to run an accurate annual physical inventory
· Energetic, customer focused leader with strong analytical skills
· Microsoft Suite experience-Excel skills required
· Strong leadership qualities and decision-making abilities
· Ability to drive a forklift
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds and endure standing for long periods of time.
· Previous experience with logistics /warehouse environment is required
Preference will be given to experienced applicants
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location