Under technical direction investigates and maintains workers’ compensation specialty property and casualty claims. Works within specific limits of authority on assignments of significant technical complexity and coordination. Utilizing claims policies and guidelines reviews coverages determines liability and compensability secures information arranges property damage appraisals and negotiates and settles claims.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
Interprets more complex or unusual policy coverages and determines if coverages apply to claims submitted escalating issues as needed.
Sets activities reserves and authorizes payments within scope of authority. Ensures issuance of disbursements while managing loss costs and expenses.
Coordinates and performs investigations and evaluates claims and suits through contact with insureds claimants business partners witnesses and experts. Seeks early resolution opportunities. Identifies files that have potential fraud and refers to SIU.
Utilizes negotiation skills to develop complex settlement packages.
Identifies claims with third party recovery potential and coordinates with subrogation/salvage unit.
Partners with attorneys account representatives agents underwriters doctors nurse case managers and insureds to develop a focused strategy for timely and cost effective resolution of more complex claims.
Analyzes claims activities. Prepares and presents reports for management. May be responsible for special projects and presentations.
Responsible for input of data that accurately reflects claim circumstances and other information important to our business outcomes.
May provide guidance and assistance to other claims staff and functional areas.
Keeps current on state/territory regulations and issues as well as industry activity and trends.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Manager or Director
Skills Knowledge & Abilities
1. Solid knowledge of claims and insurance industry theory and practices.
2. Demonstrated technical expertise and product specific knowledge.
3. Strong interpersonal communication and negotiation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of CNA’s internal and external business partners.
4. Ability to work independently managing time and resources to accomplish multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
5. Strong analytical and problem solving skills enabling viable alternative solutions.
6. Ability to exercise independent judgement and make critical business decisions effectively assessing the merits of claims as well as evaluating claims based on a cost benefit analysis.
7. Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software.
8. Ability to adapt to change and value diverse opinions and ideas.
9. Ability to fully comprehend claim information; and to further articulate analyses of claims in internal reports.
10. Ability to handle claims with a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Professional designations preferred.
2. Typically a minimum three to five years claims experience.
3. Candidates who have successfully completed the CNA Claim Training Program may be considered after 2 years of claim handling experience.
CNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture. M/F/D/V.
Job Discription PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Clinical Pharmacist will primarily function as transition of care pharmacist in the inpatient clinical pharmacy...Apply For This Job
Use your experience within mental health to aid and care for individuals in your local community! Become a part of...Apply For This Job
Job Discription Chart Retrieval Specialist Job Locations US-CA-Fontana Requisition ID 2021-18893 # of Openings 5 Category (Portal Searching) Medical Records...Apply For This Job
Job Description Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health The Ambulatory Health Coach will help improve health outcomes...Apply For This Job
Job Discription Data Analysis and Reports Director Position ID: R2600 Location: Rockville, MD Full-time, with benefits OVERVIEW Hendall is...Apply For This Job
Job Discription SaintA’s mission is to facilitate equity, learning, healing and wellness by restoring the connections that help children and...Apply For This Job