Outstanding career opportunity for an Engineer with equipment experience in warehousing/contract logistics to join one of the fastest growing and most stable companies in the industry!
If you are accomplished in managing and supporting equipment solutions and implementations in contract logistics/warehousing, apply today via Indeed!
Flexible Location: Main US Campus Locations (Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX; Aurora, IL; Port Reading, NJ)
The Logistics Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing common contract logistics processes and driving continuous performance improvement through placement of Equipment for North America This engineer also provides engineering support for new and/or expanding business implementations within a defined region and/or territory. This Engineer supports multiple operations based on a detailed understanding of client needs and for creating the overall facility layout & design and determining appropriate equipment supporting the concept of operations, as well as physical implementation of solutions.
This role is also responsible for maintaining financial and engineering metrics that will meet or exceed performance goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure all distribution system functionality is configured to optimize performance (e.g., warehouse management, labor management, slotting and reporting applications)
· Establishes work measurement programs and analyzes work samples to develop standards for labor utilization
· Analyze contractual commitments, customer specifications, design changes and other data to drive continuous improvement and meet or exceed expectations of customer
· Perform special research or technical studies critical to logistic support functions
· Perform cost/benefit tradeoff analysis and develop ROI business cases for recommended projects involving process, system or technology change
· Forecasts facility, vehicle, staffing and/or material handling equipment needs in order to improve cost, utilization, service, and efficiencies
· Conducts studies to determine the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow by analyzing production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules
· Recommends methods for maximizing the utilization of production facilities and personnel by restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchasing equipment in adherence with governmental, health, safety, and other regulations.
· Provide labor planning tool tailored to the client’s business and agreed upon operating processes.
· Identify and procure all necessary capital expense items to support successful launch of operation
· Full understanding of the approved Solutions Model tied to the clients’ award of business to DSV
Education and/or Experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
· Six Sigma / Lean Certifications
· E-commerce experience including starting up small to large volume solutions
· Experience in warehouse automation applications (Pick to Light, Automated Sortation,
· Voice Pick, conveyor design, etc.)
· Degree in Industrial Engineering is preferred
· Green Belt Six Sigma / Lean Certifications
· Experience dealing with end users, vendors and clients
· Experience in 3PL environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to travel by plane and automobile.
Typically warehouse work environment but could include manufacturing and transportation locations
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain nor be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 60,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com
Job Type: Full-time
Covid Protocol in place – health screening questions and temperature checks – masks required
Home Appliance & Furniture Delivery Contractors Needed! Pay: $3,500.00 – $4,500.00 per week Job Type: Contract Select your market and...Apply For This Job
HYDROGEN DISTRIBUTION SERVICES seeking BULK DRIVERS in LIVERMORE, California LH2 Bulk Driver – HDS AMG Distribution and Logistics (HDS) Job...Apply For This Job
The 2nd shift Logistics Coordinator provides strategic support to our operations and sales team. This is a salaried, fulltime position...Apply For This Job
What we do: Airspace is a technology-enabled logistics service provider. Through patented technology, people, and services, Airspace eliminates transparency issues...Apply For This Job
Title: Supply Chain & Operations Transportation Logistics Manager Location: Negotiable Travel: 80% Accenture is a global professional services company with...Apply For This Job
Divisional Global Logistics Manager –Phoenix AZ Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree (required) preferable in Supply Chain or Logistics Management 10+ years of...Apply For This Job