Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Endurance Environmental Solutions has been grounded in providing solutions for the long haul since 1986. We haul municipal solid waste, recycling, leachate, and yard waste to the local landfills and water treatment plants. We are looking for a motivated, highly skilled Diesel Technician II to join our team to maintain our fleet of tractor-trailers. It requires a high level of skill in – hydraulics, electrical, and diagnostics – using modern maintenance practices and technologies. If you like a new challenge every day, take pride in your work. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and Endurance Environmental Solutions. We offer competitive pay, consistent hours, and benefits. Join Team Endurance!
Under general supervision, you will perform preventive maintenance services and inspect, diagnose, and repair vehicles and equipment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
– Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
– Performs inspection, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
– Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
– Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
– Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
– Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
– Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
– Assists senior technicians in the completion of project work.
– Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
– Knowledge of most maintenance programs
– Cummins Insight
– Service Ranger
– Tech I (Mack)
– Allison Trans
– Bendix Air systems
– Major electrical experience
– AC & heat diagnostics and repair
– Engine and transmission diagnostics and repair
– Safety compliance
– Brake safety diagnostics and repair
– Welding and fabrication abilities
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: 2+ years heavy equipment (preferred), 8+ years mechanical
Certifications: Bendix, Cummins, Hydraulics, Electrical, any engine diagnostic (preferred)
Other: Valid Driver’s License (preferred), Valid Class A (preferred)
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
– Dossier/maintenance programs
– Group environment working alongside others
– The working environment is primarily in a vehicle maintenance shop and surrounding area where vehicles are parked.
– Frequent exposure to various chemicals, hazardous materials, and associated fumes.
– Considerable amount of dust, dirt, grease, and other by-products of vehicle maintenance.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
– Ability to bend, push, pull, reach, kneel, squat, grip and climb consistently.
– Ability to remain reclined on concrete surface for extended periods of time.
– Ability to lift and carry up to 100 lbs. at a time on a regular basis
– Ability to grip and torque variety of tools on a regular basis.
– Ability to maintain extended visual attention including, depth perception.
– Confined space entry into portal of up to 18” required for tank inspection and repair.
– Ability to tolerate strong chemical smells, such as ammonia, nitric acid, and others.
– Consistent visual focus on components of vehicles and equipment.
$5,000 sign on bonus
If you have any questions, please call 872-242-8992 to speak with a recruiter 8:00 am-5:00 pm eastern standard time.
Apply Today and Join the Endurance Team!
BY COMPLETING THIS FORM, I AGREE TO RECEIVE CORRESPONDENCE FROM ENDURANCE ENVIRONMENTAL SOLUTIONS. THIS INCLUDES RECEIVING TELEPHONE CALLS, PRERECORDED MESSAGES, TEXT MESSAGES AND EMAILS ABOUT ENDURANCE ENVIRONMENTAL SOLUTION JOB OPPORTUNITTIES AT THE CONTACT NUMBER AND ADDRESS I HAVE PROVIDED ABOVE.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Endurance Environmental Solutions. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Endurance Environmental Solutions reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location