Family Allergy & Asthma has an opportunity for a Staff Accountant to join our growing accounting team at our headquarters in Louisville!
Family Allergy provides services and care to Asthma, Allergy and Sleep medicine patients. The company has a complex and diverse business with expanding operations with offices located in multiple states.
The position has a standard schedule of Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm, with some overtime as needed.
The Staff Accountant will support the Accounting Team, and our growing practice and will operate in multiple systems. This position will have responsibilities with multiple processes, including accounts payable, inventory and general ledger accounting. He/She is responsible for demonstrating knowledge and application of job duties and functions under the direction of his/her manager(s) and/or Director(s); respectfully interacts with all levels of staff; provides assistance, as needed, during assigned duty hours; participates in department activities; promotes independence; adherence to the attendance policy; encourages socialization; maintains compliance with all applicable laws, regulatory and organizational standards; supports the company’s core values.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Abilities, Knowledge and Skills
Effective communication skills to include:
1. Ability to fluently speak and read English
2. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, handbooks, policies, and procedures
3. Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written, with all levels of staff
Education, Prior Work Experience, Special Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described, here, are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the physical demands.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
2. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, bend and sit. On average, this individual may be sitting 80% of their shift.
3. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
5. Specific communication abilities required by this job include the ability to talk and hear in order to converse with others, discern, convey, express oneself, and exchange information.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
1. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; lighting is in the standard range.
2. The employee is subject to diseases and conditions that exist in a healthcare setting.
Family Allergy & Asthma provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Type: Full-time
The Accountant II is responsible for preparing financial records in accordance with US GAAP and corporate accounting policy. Including the...Apply For This Job
Caruso Homes, Inc., an award winning regional residential homebuilder located in Crofton, Maryland is currently seeking a Staff Accountant. The...Apply For This Job
Interstate Companies, Inc. is a market leader in service. For over 50 years, we have excelled at providing solutions and...Apply For This Job
Job Description Sr. Account Manager, Energy Efficiency Programs New York We are currently seeking Multifamily/Commercial and Industrial (C&I) Technical Account...Apply For This Job
Job Description Overview At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates...Apply For This Job
Job Description Account Manager is responsible for contacting all customers who’s Rental Agreements have expired and working with them in...Apply For This Job