The Finance/Payroll Specialist is responsible for managing the township’s financial processes which are consistent with the township policies, collective bargaining agreements, department of labor standards and the Ohio Revised Code.
The employee plays an integral role in all accounting and payroll functions. A variety of financial management responsibilities are carried out by this position, including accounts payable, payroll, budgeting and monthly/year-end financial processes. Extensive experience in computerized financial systems and payroll is of the utmost importance. This position requires a high level of detail and accuracy.
Essential Roles & May include, but not limited to, the following duties:
• Review time from Kronos and export to VIP software
• Maintain payroll adjustments throughout the year
• Familiar with all components of Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA)
• Prepare payroll for processing on a bi-weekly basis
• Inputs new hires and employee changes, including termination of employees in both Kronos and VIP software
• Maintain all payroll files for active and non-active employees
• Prepare withholding payments and tax returns
• Prepare W-2s
• Complete employee verification as requested
• Handle retirement account issues and complaints
• Send “positive pay” file to the bank
• Prepare various reports, such as Ohio Unemployment Report and Worker’s Comp Report, Deferred Compensation, Child Support, pensions, school districts, courtesy withholdings for cities and State and 941
• Process and verify payment requests
• Approve and submit payments
• Issue warrants for payments
• Send positive pay request to bank
• Prepare and submits pension payments
• Oversee bank reconciliations
• Prepare and balance all reports for month end
• Close the books both monthly and annually
• Review requisitions and purchase orders
• Monitor workflow items in Visual Intelligence Portfolio
• Generate reoccurring requisitions for certain payments, such as utilities, phone, healthcare, etc.
• Prepare 1099s at year end
• Issue project codes and monitors employee training expenses
• Attend weekly department head meeting
• Attend Board of Trustees meetings as requested
• Report for duty dependably and punctually
• Organize and maintain accurate records and files
• Analyze data
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Handle confidential information
• 18 years or older
• High school diploma and 3 years of payroll and accounting experience. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Valid driver’s license
• Prior experience in accounting and payroll preferred.
• Prior experience with collective bargaining agreements preferred.
To perform essential job functions, the employee is required to talk, hear, use hands, sit for significant periods of time, occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds, read and distinguish colors on maps and/or other documents.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. The work environment involves work performance in primarily an indoor office setting.
The job description is meant as a summary of the primarily responsibilities of the position. The Board of Trustees, Township Administrator and Executive Assistant reserve the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time as needed.
To apply for the position:
Visit the bathtownship.org website and complete the application under Employment Opportunties. Completed applications may be dropped off or sent to 3864 West Bath Road, Akron, Ohio 44333 or emailed to Ms. Jena Stasik at email@example.com by September 24, 2021 at 4:00 PM
Bath Township offers an array of benefits for full-time employees, including health, dental and life insurance policies. Employees also earn paid sick, compensatory and vacation time.
POSITION: Employees in this classification perform semi-skilled to skilled work frequently requiring manual labor in the maintenance and care of...Apply For This Job
Description Our Mission: Keep Washington Safe and Working! Our Values: Customer Focus, One L&I, Respect, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Learning...Apply For This Job
Recruitment Information Recruitment 2021-03 THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL 5 APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED. PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY AS THIS...Apply For This Job
Summary This position oversees, organizes, and coordinates activities for the DeSoto County Engineering Department which is a division of the...Apply For This Job
Nature of Work Coconino County promotes a transformational leadership philosophy that elicits employee growth, cultivates inspiration, and creates future leaders...Apply For This Job
APPLY Buncombe County is a caring community in harmony with its environment where citizens succeed, thrive, and realize their potential....Apply For This Job