Forty 1 North is currently seeking a personable, hospitality-focused leader to join our team as Restaurant Manager. Forty 1 North brings a modern elegance to historic Newport. Situated on the water amongst downtown shops, we aim to marry cool and casual luxury within our multiple eateries and bars in our boutique hotel.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for sincere, genuine service alongside great food and drink. S/he should provide warmth and a sense of home to all guests in each of our F&B outlets and concepts. As a leader, we need a team player who can jump in to execute hands-on hospitality while also considering our people, the business and the impact of their decisions. We will provide you the opportunity to gain experience as part of a small, synergistic management team including culinary, beverage, hotel and event professionals. We expect all to develop professionally and personally together in a dynamic environment, working side-by-side to create an unmatched resort experience in the heart of Newport.
As managers, we intend to build the business by ensuring excellence. We are hospitality first and focused on creating memorable experiences for each guest. We understand the expectations for food, service, drink and atmosphere; maintaining these standards with attention to detail and focus. We work together with consistent professionalism and respect.
We are looking for experienced managers, understanding and overseeing all aspects of the restaurants, including but not limited to:
– Atmosphere and standards of the building – cleanliness, lighting, music, temperature, comfort and overall ambiance
– Front door operations – the flow of guests throughout the space, taking into mind events and the capabilities of our team’s execution (use of Open Table)
– Service systems and steps of service, creation of drinks and unvarying performance
– Determining appropriate staffing levels, including awareness of local events and issues that may impact the business
– Food & Beverage knowledge
– POS System (Micros)
– Day to day supervision including accountability conversations as well as positive feedback, ongoing training and conflict resolution
– Remain informed of costs, controlling labor and understanding budget targets based on forecasted and actual sales
– Excellent communication skills and critical thinking
– Basic PC knowledge to complete admin work as well as inventory
– May be responsible for a cost center – i.e. liquor, wine, dry goods or labor/scheduling
– A minimum of two years of restaurant management experience in a high-volume, elegant atmosphere. Flexible schedule with the expectation of increased hours in-season.
– Competitive industry salary
– Health Benefits
– Paid Vacation
– Dining Discount
– Meals while working
Job Type: Full-time
What makes us an employer of choice: 2020 Award of Excellence in Workplace Safety, Diversity & Inclusion and Compensation &...Apply For This Job
INCREASED PAY RATES! – $20.00/hour At Great Wolf, the Restaurant Supervisor is critical to ensuring exceptional hospitality and is responsible...Apply For This Job
Gratzi, an elegant Italian restaurant with distinctive style, was founded in downtown Ann Arbor, Michigan in December 1987. Gratzi is...Apply For This Job
Award winning Matunuck Oyster Bar is hiring a full time Front of House Manager. Work closely with the management team...Apply For This Job
We Wine. We Dine. We Build Careers! Few restaurants excel at every aspect of the dining experience, from masterfully prepared...Apply For This Job
IMMEDIATE NEED!!! for a Restaurant General Manager to lead all aspects of our business. COME JOIN OUR FAMILY-FEELING FUN environment!...Apply For This Job