The High Line is both a nonprofit organization and a public park on the West Side of Manhattan. Through our work with communities on and off the High Line, were devoted to re-imagining public spaces to create connected, healthy neighborhoods and cities.
Built on a historic, elevated rail line, the High Line was always intended to be more than a park. You can walk through the gardens, view art, experience a performance, enjoy food or beverage, or connect with friends and neighborsall while enjoying a unique perspective of New York City.
Nearly 100% of our annual budget comes through donations. The High Line is owned by the City of New York and we operate under a license agreement with NYC Parks.
The digital content coordinator is a key member of the marketing and communications department, which is a part of the advancement team at the High Line. The candidate should be creative and have an innovative, social first mindset. They will be responsible for growing the High Lines social media presence to increase brand awareness and generate revenue through memberships, donations, and other forms of support.
This candidate will work across departments to develop integrated content for the High Lines social platforms and email marketing and fundraising. They will use text, video, and photographic content to engage and grow the High Lines audience.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position that reports to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications and is part of the wider advancement team.
* Develop and implement strategies to grow audience, increase engagement, and generate revenue through social media platforms (primarily Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
* Partner across the organizationwith programming, fundraising, retail/food, art, horticulture, operations, and events, among othersto create social content that supports and communicates the story of the High Line and our values
* Write social copy and develop digital content for FHL email and the website
* Coordinate the production of digital videos, photography, and other digital media
* Organize, prioritize, and schedule the social content calendar
* Research and test messages and new features on social media platforms
* Track social engagement and report on analytics
* Monitor social channels, and respond to questions and comments in a timely manner
* Stay on top of industry trends and the overall social media landscape
* Assist with website updates, as needed
* Other duties, as assigned
* Self-motivated, results-driven, detail-oriented, energetic, and highly organized with strong writing, visual/graphic, and communications skills
* Two+ years of experience working in social media at an agency or a nonprofit organization
* Track record of innovation in the social space and passion for the role that social can play in overall marketing, content strategy, and revenue generation
* Experience with visual design tools, HTML, Google Workspace, and social media management tools (e.g. Later, Sprout Social, or Hootsuite)
* Experience with multivariate testing and enthusiasm for thoughtful experimentation
* Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Basic production and video editing experience
* Familiarity with website content management systems like WordPress and marketing automation tools like Zapier
* Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
* Occasional outdoor work required to develop and capture content
Submit a completed application via our online portal. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls or emails, please.
The High Line is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
* 20 vacation days, 56 hrs of sick time, 10 paid holidays, and 2 floating holidays
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Supplemental short-term disability insurance and 100% paid life insurance and AD&D coverage
* Paid primary and secondary caregiver leave
* Flexible spending account
* Commuter benefits
* Contribution in a 403(b) retirement plan
* Discounted Citi Bike membership
* Employee Assistance Program
Posted on :
Description Position: Creative Content Writer (TEMP) Location: Remote Job Id: 1390 # of Openings: 1 Academic Partnerships is hiring a...Apply For This Job
Responsibilities Bethany Behavioral Health (a UHS facility): Bethany Behavioral, a Unit of Cedar Ridge, is a 60-bed psychiatric hospital offering...Apply For This Job
Description If you are a current YAI employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.As a Day...Apply For This Job
Why this job: Help shape the future of students in Washington Heights and Inwood by joining the team of a...Apply For This Job
Description The In-Home Services organization supports thousands of talented employees in 135+ facilities delivering service solutions to customers in every...Apply For This Job
Compensation Range: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience Overview: Digital NEST connects young people from overlooked agricultural communities to...Apply For This Job