Van Nuys, CA
For over 30 years, Funrise has been a global innovator and industry leader in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of toys worldwide. Our mission is to create fun for kids of all ages by building impactful brands through innovation, creativity and imagination. We strive towards excellence in all we do to ensure our products are enjoyed by consumers throughout the world.
Our portfolio consists of internal brands including BFF BRIGHT FAIRY FRIENDS™, GAZILLION®, MIGHTY FLEET™, FART NINJAS™ RAINBOW BUTTERFLY UNICORN KITTY™ and more, as well as licensed properties from premier partners like Cat® and other global entertainment companies.
TOY DESIGNER: BOYS / SEASONAL BRANDS
Please submit resume with a link or PDF of your portfolio
Reporting to the Director of Product Development, Boys Action / Activities, this role requires the skills and creativity to design exceptional toys in a range of product categories. The ideal candidate combines a strong visual and technical design with organizational skills, to manage the design and development of multiple projects.
· Participate in research and brainstorms to generate new toy concepts.
· Render new concepts for team meetings and presentations.
· Prepare detailed technical specifications and control art for manufacturing that take engineering requirements, licensing requirements, cost effectiveness, and manufacturing into consideration.
· Conceptualize and communicate toy functions in both graphic and written forms.
· Compare samples to control art and create redlines for adjustments as needed.
· Participate in the approval process with brand managers, licensors, and engineers.
· Assist in preparing presentation boards as well as product and packaging mockups.
· Assist in presenting products to various groups both internal and external.
· Maintain organized and current job folders according to company policy.
· Maintains awareness with new technology, consumer trends, and design methods.
· Travels as necessary to meet project needs and attend industry related events.
· Strong concept rendering, and sketching skills.
· Ability to ideate new innovative toy concepts.
· Ability to generate detailed control drawings with technical specifications.
· Proficiency in Adobe suite (Illustrator and Photoshop a must)
· Proficiency in MS Office.
· Proven experience in design and development of toys, with attention to detail.
· Experience with boys’ toys (vehicles) a plus.
· Knowledge in 3D programs (Z-Brush, Pro-e, or Solidworks).
· Ability to adapt to and adjust product specifications and product function to meet business demands.
· Self-starter that can hit the ground running
· Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and prioritize work without missing critical deadlines.
· Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
· Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or Toy Design or closely related field
· 3+ years’ experience – boy toys design experience highly preferred
Competitive salary and benefits package including medical and dental insurance, 401(k) pension plan with 1:1 matching up to 5% of basic salary, vested immediately. Summer hours between Memorial Day and Labor Day. This position has exceptional potential for growth for a motivated and proactive candidate. Local candidates only.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of team members and guests, all new hire employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present proof of vaccination prior to beginning work, unless they qualify for medical exemption and accommodation based on disability or religious belief.
Contract to hire opportunity working for a Fortune 500 company. Principal responsibilities: This position is responsible for companywide telecommunication/network analysis,...Apply For This Job
Responsibilities Translate requirements into complicated but clean and efficient code Construct the base or the engine on which the game...Apply For This Job
Title Mechanical Engineer I EOE Statement Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer....Apply For This Job
This is a new role to Nintex our commitment to improvement and growth, and your opportunity to influence that improvement...Apply For This Job
Sr. Backend DeveloperLocation: San Francisco or Los AngelesDuration: Long term contract You will be at the forefront of technology, changing...Apply For This Job
Description Join a dynamic group of software engineers responsible for the design, development, and support of embedded software solutions for...Apply For This Job