GDS is a leading signage consultation, design, and fabrication company within the tri-state area and boasts a high volume of projects on both a local and national scale. From creative conception to final installation, we have developed the most successful process for outfitting the built environment with every type of interior/exterior identification and wayfinding signage.
As an Environmental/Architectural Designer at GDS, you will begin working with our Creative Director to learn the industry and our unique methodology. You will be required to absorb all teachings on both a technical and philosophical level and apply this education to the day-to-day operation. Performance will be evaluated on the execution of appropriate industry practices, attitude, communication, and skill.
* Assist in concept and research development for environmental designs
* Create mechanical drawing packages complete with specification sheets and layouts
* Set up and export scaled artwork for production
* Evaluate and maintain pertinent files and records for internal and external distribution
* Understand, implement and enforce brand guidelines throughout all design efforts
* Support Marketing and Business Development team with visual aids and creative collateral
* Generate photo renderings for client review
* Utilize floor plans, architectural elevations, and other construction documents to determine project scope
*Graduated with a degree in architecture or design
*3-5 years of professional experience
*Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop
*Immediate consideration for any candidate with a background using CorelDraw
*Working knowledge of the array of design principles and aesthetics
*Intermediate sketching and rendering skills
*Familiarity with building systems, codes, and ADA requirements
*Exceptional interpersonal and intrapersonal communication skills
*Strong sense of time management, follow-up- and organizational skills
*Exceptional attention to detail, including good spelling and grammar
*An eye for successful design and the ability to see a project to completion
Only applicants that demonstrate a clean and organized methodology towards Graphic Design will be considered.