GE Appliance’s Industrial Design Organization is a collaboration of Industrial and Interaction Designers, Consumer Insights Researchers, R&D Engineers, User Experience Research Specialists, and Model Makers. Interns are given the freedom and responsibility to contribute to the design team and experience every phase of the product development cycle through production launch.
A good part of our energetic creativity comes from being located in Louisville, KY. Known for horse racing and bourbon, Louisville is home to a vibrant music scene, unique shops and top-rated restaurants. From local makerspaces like our own GE Appliances FirstBuild, to monthly Creative Mornings and Gallery Hops, we’re sure you don’t know Louisville like you think you do.
About the Position:
GE Appliances is hiring multiple Industrial Design and Interaction Design Interns in our year-long program at Appliances Headquarters in Louisville KY.
• 12 Month Duration
• Paid Internship (Competitive salary + the option to choose between full-furnished housing or monthly housing stipend)
• Relocation expenses reimbursed
• Beginning in late May/early June (flexible start date)
• Has a passion for designing products and experiences for the complete consumer journey.
• Currently enrolled full-time in an accredited School/University in the United States.
• Undergraduate or graduate students with a 3.2 GPA or higher
• Outstanding verbal and visual communication skills
• CANNOT graduate before or during the internship period. (Sorry NO recent graduates)
About You (Industrial Design):
• Excellent sketching and form development skill
• Ability to apply problem solving skills to a wide variety of projects
• Strong 2D-3D computer knowledge
• Solidworks preferred but not necessary
• Visual communication and graphic design skills are a plus
About You (Interaction Design):
• Storyboarding, mapping, & wire framing experience
• Prototyping time-based & interactive media experience
• Outstanding verbal & visual communication skills.
GE Appliances will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
If interested please e-mail your resume and portfolio PDF (6MB max), or website link to: IDOIntern.Recruitment@geappliances.com – Please indicate in the subject line either “Industrial Design Internship” or “Interaction Design Internship” by February 28, 2022 or visit www.geappliances.com/design-interns
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
As an active member of the TELUS International team, you will be in the heart of a major TELUS transformation...Apply For This Job
Description Job Description: Leidos has an opening for a Field Services Technician to provide technical support to assigned Regional and...Apply For This Job
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES Collaborate with business partners and other team members to understand and document requirements Lead the design and development...Apply For This Job
The BrickKicker Home Inspector / $50K-$0K / Chicago, IL Must Haves: Good communication Ability to drive, and a valid driver’s...Apply For This Job
Here you have the opportunity to lead innovative projects on modern technology as a VueJS and NodeJS Fullstack Developer. Grow...Apply For This Job
Description/Comment: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related discipline or equivalent skills and practical industry experience Solid experience using Java...Apply For This Job