WHO WE ARE: We are the preeminent leadership development organization for girls. Girl Scouts offers girls a chance to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure and success. With support from dedicated adult volunteers, parents and staff, we deliver the best Girl Scout experience to 10,500 members: 7,500 girls and 3,000 adults in 61 counties within West Virginia, Ohio, Maryland and Virginia.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE: At Girl Scouts of Black Diamond, we have a clear vision: to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion among our staff and membership.
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Classification: Salaried, Non-exempt, regular full-time
Location: Girl Scout Volunteer Resource Center, Charleston, WV.
Purpose: To provide support for finance and accounting activities for the Council including daily deposits, reconciliation of monthly activities, preparation of journal entries, and accounts receivable duties.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
· Manage the daily cash receipts process.
· Maintain cash sheet reflecting all deposits, disbursements, online, and ACH payments.
· Prepare monthly reconciliation of online shop sales.
· Reconcile credit card statements and other billings on a monthly basis.
· Assist with preparation of monthly journal entries and supporting schedules.
· Coordinate accounts receivable and delinquency process, ensuring that billings and collections are performed in a timely manner.
· Reconcile general ledger accounts as needed.
· Assist with annual audit requests.
· Have a thorough understanding of the chart of accounts.
· Work with other departments to ensure proper account coding.
· Document all accounting processes, review, and update as necessary.
· A self-starter with the ability to recognize next steps and the initiative to take them.
· Working knowledge of accounting principles.
· Superb organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage concurrent projects while adhering to deadlines.
· Strong attention to detail and the willingness to check and recheck work to minimize errors.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Reliability: Actively demonstrates dependability.
· Up-to-date technological skills with intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
· Ability to communicate professionally and provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or General Business REQUIRED.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience preferred.
Each employee has the responsibility for actively supporting and promoting the Council’s commitment to diversity and/or developing Council resources through increased membership, strengthening community connections, serving girls and fund development.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 per year
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Charleston, WV 25302
Job Description Group Benefits, Ltd. An Acrisure Partner is one of the Midwest’s leading health insurance general agencies. GBL is...Apply For This Job
Fast paced CPA firm looking for a skilled bookkeeper or staff accountant to join our tax and accounting practice. The...Apply For This Job
Job Description Sales – Account ExecutiveThe ability to work remotely, you only need your cellphone and internet with an earning...Apply For This Job
Job Description Performs, monitors, and/or manages the day-to-day accounting and month end close functions Cash receipts, deposits and AR, AP,...Apply For This Job
Job Description GSP Account Managers collaborate with client marketing and merchandising teams to plan, coordinate, execute and support Point of...Apply For This Job
Job Description Account ExecutiveNational Corporate Housing is looking for an experienced Account Executive to sell all National Corporate Housing Services...Apply For This Job