.90FTE/ 36 hours a week *Applicants MUST RESIDE in Wisconsin.This position will have a mix of remote (virtual)andon-site clinical shifts.
This position is eligible for a $5000 INCENTIVE for joining GHC!
(Referral amounts prorated based on FTE)
Join our team and receive training, resources, competitive pay and exceptional benefits including free parking at all our locations!
Check us out by clicking on
The Registered Nurse (RN) – Primary Care Virtual Nurse, is responsible for performing triage, patient education, self-care advice and general health information over the telephone or via on-line communication (MyChart) to GHC-SCW members. The incumbent works under the direction, guidance and general supervision of the Clinic Manager. May occasionally perform duties on site at clinic as needed and assigned.
The incumbent knows and abides by all Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) organizational and departmental policies, sets personal standards and strives for high quality work in completing assignments, performs job duties in a timely manner, and represents the organization in a positive manner. The incumbent understands our Mission, Vision and Common Values (stated below) and is committed to promote these values in behavior and attitude.
Our Mission Statement: We partner with members and the communities we serve to maximize health and well-being.
Our Vision: As a local, not-for-profit, member-owned Cooperative, we are the most trusted resource for lifelong health and well-being in the communities we serve.
Five Strategic Pillars:
GHC-SCW is committed to fostering a caring and compassionate environment while ensuring that individual differences are valued. GHC-SCW is a quality driven cooperative built on collaboration, community involvement, innovation, and belonging. It is essential that all employees, members, and patients feel secure and welcome, that the opinions and contributions of all individuals are respected and that all voices are heard.
Healthcare is a human right.
In treating all people with dignity and respect.
There is strength in diversity.
Equity celebrates our humanity.
We are better together.
JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. Valid license to practice in the State of Wisconsin as a Registered Nurse is Required. Must reside in the state of Wisconsin.
2. One (1) to three (3) years of professional nursing experience is required. Experience working in an ambulatory or clinic setting is preferred. A minimum of one (1) year of RN experience at Group Health Cooperative is strongly preferred.
3. Possession of a valid, Wisconsin driver license; or ability to travel to various work sites is required. Employee is expected to provide personal transportation.
4. Possession of or eligibility for a valid Healthcare Provider CPR/AED certificate is required. Employee must obtain certification within four (4) months of employment.
5. Ability to work from home in order to provide coverage is required. May be required to work on site at clinic if needed and as assigned.
6. Knowledge of scientific nursing principles, methods and techniques as a basis for quality decision-making ability is required. Current knowledge of and maintenance of nursing trends, techniques and certifications is required. Participation in pertinent continuing education courses is required.
7. Ability to educate patients and/or families as to the nature of disease and to provide instruction on proper care, treatments and follow-up is required.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills both in-person and on the phone/on-line (MyChart) are required.
9. Ability to recognize and identify symptoms and problems, and excellent nursing assessment skills are required.
10. Ability to be resourceful and flexible in emergency situations is required.
11. Ability to review new trends and techniques and update knowledge base is required.
12. Ability to prioritize changing patient conditions is required.
13. Knowledge of interviewing practices and techniques used in order to gather information is required.
14. Ability to maintain quality, safety and /or infection control standards is required.
15. Excellent customer service skills are required. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be culturally sensitive and work with a diverse patient population are required.
16. Knowledge of and/or ability to learn and use computer based applications such as MS Office, electronic medical record (EMR) systems and scheduling applications is required. Experience with EpicCare EMR is desirable. Must type a minimum of 30 WPM with minimal errors
17. Knowledge of medical records and appropriate documentation is required.
18. Basic understanding or ability to learn about reimbursement/insurance practices for medical care is required.
19. Ability to maintain good working relationships with patients and staff is required.
20. Ability to maintain patient confidentiality is required. Knowledge of HIPAA requirements.
21. Good organizational skills in the delivery of clinical care are required.
22. Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times is required.
23. Ability to climb, stoop, kneel and crouch is required. Ability to bend, reach, lift, pull, push and/or carry up to 10 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally is required. Ability to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods of time is required.
24. Ability to talk (speak clearly), hear (conversation), see (corrected vision for near and far sight, color vision, and depth perception) on a frequent basis is required.
Group Health Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability.