Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
Strong leadership skills; extensive knowledge of transportation/logistics management; ability to develop, lead, and supervise a transportation program to achieve the district’s mission, vision, and goals; ability to communicate with others in an effective and tactful manner; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and training materials; ability to effectively present information to large audiences; demonstrated skills in organization and problem-solving; ability to project and generate positive attitudes; strong human relations skills; and ability to analyze existing processes and identify areas for improvement.
Five years of progressively responsible experience leading and managing large organizations in transportation, logistics, or a related field required.
Provide leadership, management, and guidance to ensure the safe and effective transportation of Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) students to and from school and school related activities.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Provide direction and leadership to establish operating parameters, ensure sufficient resources, and motivate high performance within the Department of Transportation.
2. Conceptualize organizational needs to be accomplished within a designated time frame, including up to five-year range plan.
3. Research and analyze methods to establish and maintain two-way communications within the Department of Transportation.
4. Establish morale and a positive work culture among the Department of Transportation by establishing processes and procedures that ensure employees receive the proper tools and resources needed to successfully execute job duties.
5. Ensure sufficient resources are available where and when needed, including funds, personnel, time, equipment, and training and development.
6. Oversee the hiring process for transportation staff.
7. Provide leadership monitoring to all levels of the organization, assess leadership for areas for improvement, and provide individualized training for those areas that need improvement.
8. Analyze outside forces that may distract from the primary task of safe transportation of students to and from school by prioritizing issues accordingly.
9. Review and provide, recommendations, and monitoring of the Transportation budget.
10. Assist in establishing industry standards within the Department of Transportation.
11. Assist in directing the continuous improvement efforts for all departmental processes.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is also required to talk, hear, stand, and walk. The employee may be required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, and/or reach. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What You Will Do: General Summary Under limited supervision, directs and manages the supply management and distribution process throughout the...Apply For This Job
#TJP2021_PNI Client Logistics Manager – Chicago, IL – DIRECT HIRE! Job searching is a lot better with someone in your...Apply For This Job
With over 30 years’ experience in providing logistics solutions to the global scientific community, at Biocair we strive to be...Apply For This Job
Wholesale Building Products is looking for an experienced logistics coordinator to perform a wide variety of clerical tasks pertaining to...Apply For This Job
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,...Apply For This Job
Division Information Spectrum Brands’ global enabling functions, including Supply Chain, Finance, Legal, IT, Human Resources, and Commercial Operations, provide enterprise-wide...Apply For This Job