We are a small transportation company in Montclair, CA. We offer great benefits including medical insurance for your family and a 401K matching program. This job provides the opportunity for overtime hours on a regular basis.
The IWU Yard Manager is responsible for the overall management of the yard and warehouse; including the loading/unloading of dry van trailers and flatbeds; managing supply inventory; and supervising of operations staff when they are working in the warehouse and yard.
Supervise Warehouse/Yard Technician (and any operations staff when they are working in the warehouse or yard) on a daily basis.
· Organizing trucks/trailers in the yard.
· Confirming incoming/outgoing drum count accuracy.
· Accurate loading of supplies for outgoing vehicles.
· Unloading trailers and flatbeds on a daily basis.
· Unloading brokers trailers and completing shipping paperwork.
· Keeping warehouse and yard clean and organized.
· Daily inspection and maintenance all warehouse- and yard-related equipment, putting in repair requests as necessary to maintain safe operation.
· Clearly communicate to supervisor any physical or written discrepancies.
· Promptly report to supervisor any safety issues.
· Operate warehouse equipment, including vehicles, in a way that facilitates the loading and unloading of the truck while observing all safety regulations and manufacturer’s safety instructions for that equipment.
· Take on material handling duties as necessary to complete the delivery of necessary materials to destination locations, including handling materials during loading and unloading.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to accurately load vehicles per shipping related paperwork.
· Works well independently.
· Ability to operate warehouse equipment; including pallet jacks, hand trucks, and forklifts.
· Ability to read and understand English and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
· Basic math skills.
· Valid Driver License
· Clean driving record
· Minimum 1-year experience in warehouse/storage yard operations.
· Must be able to push/pull up to 100 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
About Us: At Alliance HealthCare Services, our focus is on transforming the customer and patient experience. Vital to our success...Apply For This Job
Description Job Description Summary : Who We AreHH&YHavas Health & You is a part of Vivendi, one of the most...Apply For This Job
Company Overview: Cap8 is a full-service door, frame, accessories/partitions distributor and installer located in Washington, D.C. and serving the Mid-Atlantic...Apply For This Job
Description Job DescriptionSilber Capital is a fast-growing beauty parent company. Silber was founded on the belief that that everyone is...Apply For This Job
Overview: Ideal Image is North America’s #1 Skin, Face and Body MedSpa for non-invasive aesthetic services that help you look...Apply For This Job
Description Admin AssistantPayRate: $25.00/HRCorTech is looking to hire an Admin Assistant in New York, NY.Required Skills/Experience:Discretion in handling confidential information...Apply For This Job