Telecommunications Project Manager
Telecommunications construction project management firm is seeking an experienced project manager. The ideal candidate will perform various duties throughout the entire installation process in the telecommunications field. This will include everything from site evaluation to close-out of the project.
The candidate WILL NEED TO LIVE IN THE MEMPHIS OR NORTHERN MISSISSIPPI area to visit sites as needed.
This position will require site visits and work from home.
Construction Engineering Technology, Engineering Technician and Construction Management students and graduates encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the installation of fiber conduits from right of way to the site
· Perform cell site audits
· Perform cell site candidate evaluations
· Assist in site layout
· Review installation drawings for accuracy and completeness
· Perform bid walks with Vendors
· Conduct pre-installation meetings with Vendors
· Coordinate with local power and telephone companies for utilities
· Perform site visits throughout the installation process
· Ability to plan ahead in an attempt to minimize Vendors down time and delays
· Work with building owners/landlords on scheduling, access and quickly resolve any issues during construction
· Work with the customer field techs and third-party vendors to get sites on-air
· Perform punch walks upon completion of the project
· Verify accuracy and completeness of closeout documentation submitted by the Vendor
· Make physical fiber cross-connections and labeling
· Experience reading and understanding construction drawings and documents
· Coordinate equipment upgrades as required due to changes in technology
· Ability to work with a positive attitude and turn problems into opportunities
· Candidate will be required to drive personal vehicle. Fuel will be covered by company for any site visits.
· Overnight travel will be necessary at times.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation.
· Must have computer experience using Excel, Word, Adobe, Powerpoint, email, and be proficient at typing. Familiarity with CAD is a plus.
· Mac experience preferred.
· Must possess excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
· Must be detail oriented and have ability multi-task.
· Must be organized, a self-starter and be willing to learn.
Please submit a RESUME AND COVER LETTER detailing your work experience and education.
The compensation for this position will be commensurate with your education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
Initial interviews by phone and/or video calls.
Work Location: On the road