Full Stack Cloud Engineer
– Knowledge of managing and developing infrastructure environments (compute, storage, network, database) with traditional or cloud-based tools
– Familiarity with agile development methodologies and DevOps concepts
– Knowledge of cloud computing design and security principles
– Knowledge of Red Hat OpenShift and/or Kubernetes
– Knowledge of automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Track record of being a self-starter and strong independent contributor
– Ability to manage priorities and requirements
– Ability to establish strong team relationships and deliver exceptional customer service
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
E9682:Full Stack Engineer
This is a Full Stack Engineering role focused on the design, development, and deployment of infrastructure, platform, and application services for the LM Space Hybrid Cloud solutions. The ideal FSE for this position has a background in IT Infrastructure but also understands that software is the future of hardware. This FSE must be familiar with developing, building, and maintaining compute, storage, network, and cloud platforms, leveraging agile development best practices and working in a DevOps environment, where automation is not only desired but necessary. The candidate will work closely with management to develop future plans and schedules and provide input into presentations and/or Engineering and Architecture Reviews. Must be willing to work flexible hours and be able to travel as required.
– Knowledge of container development and orchestration with Kubernetes or a K8s distribution such as Red Hat OpenShift or Rancher
– Experience with managing compute environments (VMware, Hyper-V, Red Hat Virtualization (RHV), OpenStack )
– Experience with managing/developing cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
– Knowledge of databases (e.g. MySQL, RDS, Aurora, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, SQL Server)
– Knowledge of storage systems (e.g. S3/EBS, NetApp, Ceph, SwiftStack)
– Familiarity with infrastructure automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Terraform)
– Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure as code
– Familiarity integrating DevOps tools into end to end pipelines
– Experience with single sign on (SSO) tools (e.g. Oauth2, SAML, Keycloak, PingFederate)
– Experience managing physical and virtual networking (e.g. AWS, Open vSwitch, VMware NSX, Cisco ACI, Juniper Networks Contrail)
– Willingness to operate in an interactive local and virtual team environment using tools such as Slack and Confluence
– Demonstrated systems engineering experience
Other Important Information
By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to work remotely
Full-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work remotely full time at a location other than a Lockheed Martin designated office/job site. Employees may travel to a Lockheed Martin office for periodic meetings.
Select the Telework classification for this position
Employee that will telework full-time
Ability to Telecommute
Full time telecommuter
Work Schedule Information
Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
4×10 hour day, 3 days off per week
LMCareers Business Unit
ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SERVICES
Relocation/Housing Stipend Available
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.