Position Summary: Responsible for determining the service needs of customers calling or coming into the store. Schedules work to be performed. Communicates status to customers and manager.
1. Communicates with customers by phone and in person regarding cost and delivery as well as the status of service work orders. Explains any need for additional work and obtains permission.
2. Opens and closes work orders for service based on customer needs using the prescribed software and hardware following established procedures.
3. Schedules and coordinates the activities of service mechanic(s) assigned to the store. Generates internal work orders for “Build to Stock”.
4. Exercises judgment in Customer Satisfaction issues. Seeks approval from supervisor when required.
1. May assist in other areas (parts or rentals) as required.
2. Coordinates and communicates with other store personnel as needed.
3. Insures safe operating conditions and practices at the store.
4. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: HS or equivalent. Tech preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years Customer service, service advisor and or parts distribution experience.
Specific Skills: Computer software skills, Telephone skills, Interpersonal skills.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Mechanical knowledge, service tracking software.
Working Conditions: Normal store conditions including occasional service bay and external activities, computer and telephone operations, counter work.
This job description does not include all the duties of the position. The employer has the right to add or revise the list at any time. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment. Employment is “at will” at outlined in the Employee Handbook.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
Work Location: One location