MBE CPAs is a Wisconsin-based tax, audit and business consulting firm working toward a common goal of creating a better life for our clients, colleagues and our community. We strive to foster a positive environment of opportunity, growth and personal enrichment. Our team is passionate about helping people succeed and we are determined to reach our goals and unlock the best versions of ourselves. We value creativity, we encourage individuality and we always support each other’s unique contributions and passions.
We believe that a healthy business begins and ends with its employees. If you’re looking for a career that redefines the status quo and values your unique contributions, both inside and outside the office, then you’re in the right place.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for learning and applying technical skills and working as a part of the team. They are responsible for timely and accurate reporting of financial reports and data of clients. The provide analyses and reviews of balance sheet accounts, performs account period closings and analysis for client review. They also develop standards, perform month end closing, variance analysis, reconciliations, fix asset justifications, inventory valuation, tax preparation, budgeting and forecasting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Prepare journal entries and compile financial statements to include balance sheet, statement of revenues and expenditures, and revenue and expenditure comparison to budget.
Maintain all accounting ledgers and supporting accounting documentation.
Maintain AP system, including processing of invoices, creation of payables schedule and processing of checks.
Monitor cash flow and reconcile all bank accounts.
Prepare financial reports and statements for client review.
Develop, implement and maintain a monthly reporting process to client.
Ensure client compliance with applicable rules and regulations via GAAP and GAAS.
Maintain fixed asset inventory and valuation.
Schedule computations of accrued expenses and give the basis for accruals.
Prepare schedules of amortization of prepaid expenses and deferred charges.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare payroll, tax, and business records and reports.
· Prepare corporate and individual tax returns.
· Maintain acumen with tax reporting and reporting standards.
· Build strong team and client relationships.
· Attend client meetings as requested.
· Attend company meetings as required.
· Participate in office wide initiatives – recruitment, marketing, etc.
· Actively pursues self-development opportunities
· Challenge The Status Quo
· Integrity – Does not cut corners. Puts the interests of the business above self. Earns trust of employees and executives.
· Team Building – Achieves cohesion and effective team spirit with subordinates. Sustains an environment characterized by open, honest working relations where differences are constructively addressed rather than ignored, suppressed, or denied. Can delegate and empower those that show the ability to take on more responsibility.
· Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
· Dependability – Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
· Safety and Security –Observes safety and instills a safety culture in their area of responsibility. Follows security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
· Work Ethic – Encourages and displays a good work ethic and positive attitude among team members.
· Independence – Able to work effectively with minimal ongoing management and direction. Asks questions when necessary to maintain effectiveness.
Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Education and Experience – Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Zero (0) to two (2) years’ experience in general accounting.
· Certificates, Licenses and Registrations – Complete or in process CPA certification
· Communication – Has strong interpersonal skills and is skilled in communicating complex technical information so that it is understood by clients
· Industry Knowledge – General knowledge of market trends including opportunities and local business initiatives
· Relationship Development – Able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with clients and staff
· Planning & Organizing – Able to monitor ongoing company operations and anticipate concerns. Can create contingency plans to ensure ongoing company success. Places value in efficiency and seeks to improve company operations and production outcomes. Able to produce strategic plan in line with goals and can collaborate with team to ensure positive business outcomes.
· Financial Reporting and Documentation – Understands content of financial reports: Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow. Able to interpret results and translate into focused actions and performance tracking through Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in appropriate areas.
· Strategic – Can develop a strong understanding of company goals and direction and is able to contribute to future planning. Understands the overall purpose of each role in the company and is able to determine proper functions and interventions when needed.
· Mathematical – Has the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages and to interpret financial reports. Can analyze performance against business plans and industry benchmarks.
· Technology – Proficient in the use of computers and computer software.
· Training – Can create, implement and encourage ongoing training activities for all employees.
· Delegation – Understands the value of his/her time and acknowledges the importance of being able to assign lower priority tasks to others
· Sarbanes Oxley, GAAP & GAAS
· MBE Products and Services.
Job Type: Full-time
Senior Accountant Nimbis Service, Inc. has a great opportunity for a Senior Accountant to work from our office in Charles...Apply For This Job
Description Job Summary:Do you have deep experience supporting a very high-level executive? Are you known for keeping your cool under...Apply For This Job
Description My Client, a software company focusing on data utilization is seeking a remote Controller within the Tri-State area to...Apply For This Job
Description About us:The Hut Group, THG is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing online retailers. We have over...Apply For This Job
Job Description Overview: Are you ready to make an impact and grow into a career in social media and content...Apply For This Job
Description College Work StudyTC NEXT Apply now ( Job no: 508907 Position type: College Work Study Location: New York Categories:...Apply For This Job