The UX/UI design teammate will execute and evangelize best-in-class digital design solutions, working alongside senior designers or independently. Primarily focused on delivering our design solutions to our end users, the role will collaborate and partner with a cross-functional team of developers, product managers, product owners, and many subject matter experts. Our team environment is open and collaborative, celebrating the balance between independent thinking and close teamwork.
• Embrace and Design Thinking ideology, methodology, best practices, and processes – driving best-in-class digital experiences.
• With marketing and technical peer functions, collaborate in determining opportunity spaces where Midmark can deliver meaningful solutions to our users.
• Under the direction of Design Leadership, ensures design solutions and intent are production-ready and executed by our development teams.
• Translates usability testing and teases out edge cases into detailed design solutions.
• Creates visual design solutions for user testing prototyping, internal team communication, and production design
• Creates or manages the creation of UX motion and micro-animations
• Communicates design intent and choices clearly to cross-functional teams
• Acts as a bridge between design and development, ensuring design intent is met through close communication and collaboration with the technical team
• Creates specifications for visual design, including design patterns, layout, iconography, color usage, UX Motion, and micro-animations
• Apply branding guidelines into designs that serve Midmark’s brand strategy
• Provides and solicits critique against self-made designs and the designs of teammates
• Works with design partners to consume and implement design prototypes; working as a resource to support the teams
• Supports design initiatives across development teams
• Evangelizing the value of design thinking and user-centered design throughout the organization.
• Increases knowledge of UI design across product development teams
• Guides development teams on design standards used in the organization
• Provides feedback into design standards and processes
• Champion a culture of continual improvement and enhancement to practices
• Research and stay up to date on applied technologies and how they facilitate implementing designs
• Research and stay knowledgeable of design and user interaction trends
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Human-Computer Interaction Design, User Experience Design, User-Centered Design, or related design or interaction field preferred.
• 3+ experience in UI/UX design execution
• Applied knowledge of design principles for interaction, visual, and graphic design.
• Ability to work with a degree of latitude, handling complex design issues throughout the product development life cycle.
• Mature verbal and written communication skills to collaborate and influence cross-discipline stakeholders and teams.
• Strong knowledge of industry tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, and Zeplin
• Strong understanding of grid systems, layout, and visual design
• Ability to prototype solutions
• Knowledge of responsive design
• Knowledge of modern design patterns (ex., material design)
• Knowledge of typography
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to multitask and problem solve
• Ability to analyze and interpret data and use that to influence change
• Strong attention to detail
• Self-managed in organizing work and executing on it
• Strong analytical and communication skills (written and verbal)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the teammate is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms and have the ability to effectively communicate. The teammate occasionally is required to sit and climb or balance. The teammate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties, the teammate regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The teammate can be exposed to vibration, the risk of electrical shock, fumes and airborne particles. Teammate is exposed to sharp objects that could cause cuts or abrasions. The teammate might work near parts or inventory that is stacked on skids, in bins or racks and is moved throughout the factory with tuggers and tow motors. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the teammate. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Midmark Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job Details Full-timeEstimated: $78,000 – $97,000 a year3 days ago Full Job Description Job Summary: Performs analysis, development and maintenance...Apply For This Job
Job Description You will lead teams of designers and technologists at the forefront of data-driven design and research. You’ll be...Apply For This Job
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the management of engineering and technical development projects. Supervisory Responsibilities: Oversees...Apply For This Job
EQUIVALENTEXPERIENCE Compensation $16.00 Hourly Job Description To apply, simply TEXT USIC to 90206 to connect with our hiring team today....Apply For This Job
Corporate Headquarters 12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158 Uncover your full potential in a collaborative environment where you’ll design,...Apply For This Job
Description: Want to be part of an exciting and growing Controls Engineering team? Looking for a flexible, family-friendly work environment?...Apply For This Job