Join NevadaNano and develop state-of-the-art gas sensing systems that help control global warming! NevadaNano is a fast-paced small business that has developed patented gas sensing technologies. These exciting technologies are used by our customers to control emissions of greenhouse gasses. NevadaNano is looking for a Sr. F/W Engineer to be a leader in developing a high volume, low cost IIoT device. This person will collaborate closely with an existing H/W engineering, analytics, field services, and manufacturing teams. This is an amazing opportunity to join a small company at the beginning of a tremendous growth phase and help develop a green-technology product that will be produced in the millions.
We are targeting people in either Reno/Sparks or the Bay Area but willing to discuss other locations for the right candidate.
· Generate Specifications
· Identify leverageable Code modules
· Define Architecture
· Collaborate w/HW Development
· Identify tools and define development practices
· Implement critical portions of the code base
· Oversee development efforts of other firmware contributors.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
· 10+ years of experience working as an embedded C/C++ developer with strong problem-solving skills.
· Strong experience allocating and configuring peripherals on ARM based microprocessors.
· Previous experience and knowledge in protocol software development of one or more of wireless protocols such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth/BLE, Sigfox, LoRa, Zigbee or Z-Wave.
· Previous experience with battery-based devices with a focus on low power design
· Previous experience developing code image update and revision management for a large number of remote devices.
· Working knowledge of reliable SQA practices and release management
· Strong knowledge of DFT practices.
· Knowledge of code profiling and processor loading analysis practices to collaborate in hardware processor and peripheral selection
· Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
· Familiarity with at least one RTOS environment.
· Experience setting up development environments with development tools like IAR/Keil and Git version control system.
· Experience with common bus protocols such as I2C and SPI.
· Experience in using Python.
· Experience with simulations in Matlab is a plus.
· Love of startups and small companies
· Collaborative – enjoy working on multiple tasks with multiple groups
· Self-starter – do what needs to be done without being told what to do
· Modest – focused on what is best for the team and company
· Customer focused – passion to give customer best experience possible
· Student – always open to learning
· Be willing to wear multiple hats – do what needs to be done
· Creative – ability to search for and implement new ideas and solutions
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location