Job Number: 496917
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Faculty – Health Professions
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
2. Prepares course/block materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, test questions, and handouts.
3. Prepares materials for laboratory activities and course/block materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
4. Compiles bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
5. Initiates, facilitates, and moderates PBL and TBL discussions.
6. Assists students who need extra help with their coursework outside of class.
7. Maintains student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
8. Evaluates and grades students’ class work, laboratory and clinic work, assignments, and papers.
9. Compiles, administers, and grades examinations, or assigns this work to others.
10. Maintains regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
11. Advises students on academic and vocational curricula and on career issues.
12. Assesses medical student needs using a variety of methods.
13. Collaborates with colleagues to address teaching and research issues.
14. Serves on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues.
15. Participates in student recruitment, registration, and placement activities.
16. Participates in campus and community events, such as giving presentations to the public.
17. Conducts research in a particular field of knowledge and publishes findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media.
18. Reviews papers for publication in journals.
19. Supervises undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
20. Mentors students and junior faculty members.
21. Keeps abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
22. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
1. Advanced skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
2. Proficient skills in teaching others how to do something.
3. Proficient understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
4. Proficient skills in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
5. Proficient skills in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
6. Proficient skills in understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
7. Proficient skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
8. Proficient skills in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
9. Proficient skills in monitoring / assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
1. The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
2. The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
3. The ability to read and understand information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
4. The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
5. The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
1. Speech Recognition – Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
2. Speech Clarity – Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, mobile devices, and computer keyboards.
Advertised: Apr 01, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Job Discription Company Overview: ebix, Inc..is a multi-regional revenue cycle management firm, providing medical billing, physician education and auditing for...Apply For This Job
Job Discription Job Opening ID: 23919 Reports To: Administrative Officer III Working Title: Staff Physician Department: Family Medicine Bargaining Unit:...Apply For This Job
Job Description Create Your Career With Us! Sanford Health is one of the largest and fastest-growing not-for-profit health systems in...Apply For This Job
Description Description This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus of up to $15,000! Introduction Are you looking for a...Apply For This Job
Job Discription TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960’s, is a national engineering...Apply For This Job
This position is a temporary contact MLS position and will pay a flat rate of $65.00 You. You bring your...Apply For This Job