Job Title: Upper Elementary School Teacher (4th grade)
Supervisor: School Building Principal
Promotes and nurtures the education of students by planning and tailoring courses of study; monitoring, assisting with, and correcting, academic efforts; providing a safe environment conducive to learning; keeping parents informed.
Essential Duties Upper Elementary School Teacher (4th grade)
· Educates students by planning and developing course of study according to curriculum guidelines; school district and state requirements.
· Tailors course of study by developing modifications for several levels of academic ability and previous achievement.
· Develops and presents lesson plans by using a variety of techniques, including lectures, projects, exhibits, field trips, audiovisual and library resources, computers, and the internet.
· Monitors, assists, corrects, and grades student results by preparing assignments and tests for in-school preparation and homework; conducting standardized tests in accordance with district policies and state law.
· Maintains order in the classroom by counseling students with behavioral problems; consulting with other professionals where there appears to be evidence of learning disabilities, drug, or alcohol abuse, problems of social adjustment, or child abuse.
· Maintains safe, secure, and healthy educational environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
· Intercepts deterioration in achievement by counseling students with academic difficulties; drawing on the school system’s resources for additional academic assistance.
· Keeps parents informed by maintaining records of academic performance, attendance, and social acclimation; reporting on all elements of student development at parent-teacher conferences, both regularly scheduled and as-needed.
· Provide student support services by monitoring halls, study periods, and lunchroom; sponsoring student organizations or activities.
· Updates job knowledge by attending faculty meetings; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Enhances school’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Performs related duties as required and requested by supervisor.
Skills/Qualifications Upper Elementary School Teacher (4th grade)
Classroom Management, Verbal Communication, Resolving Conflict, Presentation Skills, Self-Motivated, Motivating Others, Listening, Collaborative Teaching, Deals with Uncertainty, Objectivity, Confidentiality
Job Specifications Upper Elementary School Teacher (4th grade)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree and possess a current and valid Michigan Teaching Certificate required by the Michigan Department of Education.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, to enter data into a computer; to see and read a computer screen and printed materials with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal classroom levels, outdoors and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in normal classrooms, outdoors and on the telephone; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds; to bend, stoop, climb stairs, and reach overhead.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: Up to $60,000.00 per year
JOIN OUR TEAM! Seeking to make a difference in the lives of your students? If yes, we invite you to...Apply For This Job
Creative Brain Learning is looking for Bilingual (Mandarin speaking) Instructors who are interested in teaching virtual STEM classes to elementary...Apply For This Job
As an Early Preschool (EPS) Teacher at Primrose School of Plainfield located at 23755 W. 135th Street, Plainfield, IL 60544...Apply For This Job
At The Goddard School of Waukee, we are serious about Early Childhood Education. We hire educated and experienced staff who...Apply For This Job
Job Description: The Goddard School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides outstanding opportunities; The Goddard School located in Darien...Apply For This Job
Visit https://www.thebabyfold.org/employment-internships/ to apply! You can be part of a special team dedicated to helping children and strengthening the community....Apply For This Job