Job Title: K-4 Remote Teacher. Please note, you will be teaching in the building with a virtual classroom. This is not a work from home position.
Supervisor: School Building Principal
Promotes and nurtures the education of students by planning and tailoring courses of study; monitoring, assisting with, and correcting, academic efforts; providing a safe environment conducive to learning; keeping parents informed.
· Educates students by planning and developing course of study according to curriculum guidelines; school district and state requirements.
· Tailors course of study by developing modifications for several levels of academic ability and previous achievement.
· Develops and presents lesson plans by using a variety of techniques, including lectures, projects, exhibits, field trips, audiovisual and library resources, computers, and the internet.
· Monitors, assists, corrects, and grades student results by preparing assignments and tests for in-school preparation and homework; conducting standardized tests in accordance with district policies and state law.
· Maintains order in the classroom by counseling students with behavioral problems; consulting with other professionals where there appears to be evidence of learning disabilities, drug, or alcohol abuse, problems of social adjustment, or child abuse.
· Maintains safe, secure, and healthy educational environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
· Intercepts deterioration in achievement by counseling students with academic difficulties; drawing on the school system’s resources for additional academic assistance.
· Keeps parents informed by maintaining records of academic performance, attendance, and social acclimation; reporting on all elements of student development at parent-teacher conferences, both regularly scheduled and as-needed.
· Provide student support services by monitoring halls, study periods, and lunchroom; sponsoring student organizations or activities.
· Updates job knowledge by attending faculty meetings; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Enhances school’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Performs related duties as required and requested by supervisor.
Classroom Management, Verbal Communication, Resolving Conflict, Presentation Skills, Self-Motivated, Motivating Others, Listening, Collaborative Teaching, Deals with Uncertainty, Objectivity, Confidentiality
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree and possess a current and valid Michigan Teaching Certificate required by the Michigan Department of Education.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, to enter data into a computer; to see and read a computer screen and printed materials with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal classroom levels, outdoors and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in normal classrooms, outdoors and on the telephone; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds; to bend, stoop, climb stairs, and reach overhead.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: Up to $60,000.00 per year
Athena Academy is a community of people passionate about providing high-quality education for students who think differently. We work collaboratively...Apply For This Job
Lead Teacher for Imagination Station Our Teachers… Fun and flexible Great communicators Are caring, compassionate and love what they do!...Apply For This Job
“The human brain develops most rapidly between birth and age 5 making preschool years a crucial part of a child’s...Apply For This Job
Creative Minds International Public Charter School (CMIPCS) is currently seeking a full time teacher for English Learners (ELs) who can...Apply For This Job
OVERVIEW Our client, Amethod Public Schools (AMPS) has the following career opportunity. Amethod Public Schools (AMPS) is mission and values...Apply For This Job
About us The Arc Wayne HIRING IMMEDIATELY! $500 Sign-on bonus At The Arc Wayne of Newark, NY, we are currently...Apply For This Job