Senior OSP Engineer will support the OSP Engineering Director in executing regional field engineering requirements while maintaining project completion guidelines for yearly facility build-outs, line extensions, and general maintenance. This position will require some travel to the job sites and maintaining engineering directives, on a regional basis. The Senior Engineer will develop accurate project plans, manage projects from inception to completion, ensure efficiency and completion on time and within budget. Communicate and coordinate with internal departments, as well as construction contractors, as necessary to guarantee project deadlines and commitments are met on time. Ensure proper metrics are obtained for documenting on-going job status updates and resolve any conflicts or issues that may arise. Ensure projects are maintained in OTELCO’s project tracking system, completed, and closed with great accuracy.
Essential Job Functions:
· Maintains the design and development of outside plant equipment installation, modifications, upgrades, and construction activities for region.
· Supports designs of line setup and staking specifications, and cable and line extensions.
· Conducts job costing activities and prices out job components.
· Assists in the planning, analysis, and recommendations in support of new construction of outside plant network structures and facilities. Included, but not limited to, Fiber-To-The-Premise, Copper/DSL, and Hybrid Fiber Coax technology.
· Oversees permitting with State, Local and Federal agencies.
· Obtains regional right-of-way use approval.
· Leads regional team of Engineers on acquiring field data.
· Serves as lead role for maintaining all contractor as-built changes and assisting the Mapping department with updates to drawings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge in GIS and Microsoft Office
· Experience with Google Maps/Earth, AutoCAD, ESRI, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite
· Knowledge of standard practices in Telecommunications
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Knowledge of construction services, ordering and installation of the following: Fiber, Copper, Coax, and general Aerial/Underground construction supplies.
· Attention to detail is paramount
· Ability to read and interpret legal land descriptions and easement agreements
· Ability to work independently on multifaceted projects
· Strong verbal and written communication skills to present facts clearly and accurately in graphic form
· Experience working to tight deadlines
· Excellent analytical skills
· Must be able to work overtime as required
Education and Experience:
· Associate degree strongly preferred; high school diploma required 5+ years of Telecom project management experience preferred
· Extensive knowledge of Telecom construction
· Previous experience with State and Local permitting and Right-Of-Way acquisition
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location