Title: Dining Room Manager
Reports to: Food & Beverage Director, Asst. Food & Beverage Director
Position Summary: Supervises the servers and overall services of the Koa Lanai, Hau Terrace and Ka Mo’i Boathouse. Individual locations may be assigned as business dictates. Directly supervises all Front of the House, non-supervisory F&B employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Outrigger Canoe Club’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; recognizing, coaching and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems for both members and employees.
Essential Job Functions:
· Oversees the general operation of Hau Terrace, Koa Lanai, and Ka Mo’i Boathouse.
· Supervises the service in Hau Terrace, Koa Lanai and Ka Mo’i Boathouse to attain maximum member satisfaction and contribute to the achievement of the budgeted financial margins.
· Supervises the daily service procedures.
· Greets members in a one-on-one fashion through interactive table visits throughout the shift.
· Reviews/prepares weekly work schedules for service staff.
· Inspects sanitary conditions to ensure maintenance of company standards and conformance with health code.
· Inspects physical equipment to ensure proper maintenance. Inspects physical conditions of furniture and decorations to ensure prompt repair and consistent maintenance.
· Remains knowledgeable and current with all Liquor Commission policies and laws for the county of Honolulu.
· Participates in all F&B department meetings.
· Conducts pre-shift meetings for service staff according to the staff needs for information and training.
· Advises wait staff of any items that are sold out.
· Communicates with the wait staff and kitchen.
· Garnishes food prior to leaving the kitchen.
· Ensures that food is cooked to order.
· Knowledgeable with all foods prepared.
· Supervises the service staff daily, observing attitude toward co-workers and members, and the competent execution of staff service to members.
· Inspects to ensure the completion of side work by service staff prior to and after each meal service period.
· Supervises cleaning by service staff and inspects for thoroughness of cleaning by housekeeping staff or contract cleaners.
· Participates in operational ordering and inventory processes as assigned by Food & Beverage Director.
· Makes daily entries in the operations log book.
· Acts as host to all members.
· Maintains records for management needs and to keep upper management properly informed of problems and programs.
· Takes reservations and private party information.
· Updates an inputs data in to POS.
· Takes disciplinary action when needed with complete documentation.
· Motivates service staff to better their performance through coaching and recognition.
· Assigns work stations to service staff.
· May arrange special parties for members and plans menus with input from Executive Chef/chef staff.
· Performs voids and complimentary transactions in the POS with explanation and signature/initials to be turned into accounting for verification and accountability.
· Proficient in all aspects of the POS operations.
· May cross train and perform other essential duties as assigned by the Food & Beverage Director.
· All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have the following certifications, licenses and/or registrations – ServSafe Managers Food Safety Certification, Honolulu County Manager’s Liquor Commission Card (blue card); TB Medical Clearance.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three-years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability speak effectively before groups of members and employees of the Outrigger Canoe Club.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10lbs and frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
Work experience as a Restaurant Assistant Manager or similar role in the hospitality industry preferred. · High school diploma; additional...Apply For This Job
Overview We are currently seeking Deli Associates who love interacting with customers store/food service environment! Responsibilities Greeting customers in a...Apply For This Job
We are looking for people who are passionate about food, wine, spirits and customer service; problem-solvers with strong work ethic...Apply For This Job
Burger King is currently looking for bold, energetic people to join our team and manage a $1+ million dollar business....Apply For This Job
Restaurant management evenings. No late nights. Busy restaurant, great loyal customers, fun staff, free parking, meals included and no micro...Apply For This Job
Broadway Oyster Bar has been in business for over 40 years and is continually growing. We have won multiple awards...Apply For This Job