The City of Sacramento requires all newly appointed employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
PERS retired annuitants or individuals currently receiving CalPERS Retirement Benefits are not eligible to apply.
To remove coins from municipal parking meters using City-owned equipment, and to transport collected monies to prescribed locations, following proper security procedures.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
General supervision is provided by the Parking Meter Repair Supervisor.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Collect and transport monies from City parking meters, following an assigned route.
– Deposit coins collected in a prescribed bank or other secure location.
– Perform minor or routine maintenance and repair on meters in the field as necessary.
– Maintain proper records on defective meters and damaged equipment.
– Respond to public inquiries in a courteous, tactful manner.
– Perform surveys for map and record updates on the locations of parking meters.
– Assist in the cleaning and replacement of meters as required.
– Perform related duties as assigned.
Safe work practices.
– Perform assigned duties on foot, sometimes in inclement weather conditions.
– Learn streets and meter locations within the City.
– Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
– Respond tactfully and courteously to public inquiries and complaints.
– Operate collection and parking meter equipment with some mechanical dexterity.
– Keep and maintain routine records, logs, and reports.
– Perform assigned duties with a significant degree of independence.
Experience and Education:
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be some experience in a public setting involving the handling of cash.
Possession of a valid California Class C Driver License at the time of appointment. Loss of the Class C License is cause for discipline. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to physical disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Please note, the City of Sacramento’s preferred method of communication with applicants is via e-mail. As such, please ensure you verify the e-mail address on your application, and check your e-mail frequently, including your spam and junk folders. All e-mail notifications can also be accessed through the governmentjobs.com applicant inbox.
1. Application: (Pass/Fail) – All applicants must complete and submit online a City of Sacramento employment application by the final filing deadline;
2. Screening Committee: (Pass/Fail)– Human Resources will evaluate employment applications for the minimum qualifications stated on the job announcement.
3. Online Exam: (Weighted 100%) – Qualified candidates will receive a notification via email when the examination is available. Candidates will have approximately 7 calendar days from the date of notification to complete the online examination. Only one attempt will be permitted. The online examination will be job related and may include, but not limited to, the knowledge and abilities as outlined above. Candidates who PASS the online exam MAY be invited to take a confirmatory exam at the hiring departments discretion.
4. Eligibility: Candidates who pass the online examination will be placed on the eligible list. The hiring department may contact candidates for interview at any time during the life of the one-year list.
5. Conditional Hire: Upon receipt of a conditional offer, the selected candidate must complete and pass LiveScan/fingerprinting; and provide proof of receiving a complete COVID-19 vaccination. If applicable, candidates may also need to pass a pre-employment medical exam, controlled substance and/or alcohol test, and possess any required licensure or certification prior to receiving a start date from the Department. Failure to meet these prerequisites will be grounds for withdrawal of your conditional offer of employment.
For questions concerning this job announcement and the application process:
Did you know that the City offers bilingual pay? That’s right, most labor agreements offer the option of providing employees with bilingual pay if the department deems it to be operationally necessary.
Pension Reform Act
The City of Sacramento is covered by the California Public Employees’ Retirement System, and as such, must adhere to the California Public Employee’s Pension Reform Act (PEPRA) of 2013. Please note that the provisions within this act may affect or impact an applicant’s eligibility and/or selection for open vacancies at the City of Sacramento.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Sacramento is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
Civil Service Rules: http://portal.cityofsacramento.org/HR/Divisions/Administration/HR-Boards-Commissions/Civil-Service-Board
Salary Schedule: http://portal.cityofsacramento.org/HR/Document-Library
Please refer to the City of Sacramento’s Applicant Screening Instructions: (http://www.cityofsacramento.org/-/media/Corporate/Files/HR/Divisions/ECD/Application-Screening-Instructions.pdf?la=en)
A separate email containing a link to the examination will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job posting.
* Required Question
About PenMet Parks: Since 2004 the District has provided management, improvements, maintenance and acquisition of parks and recreation facilities within...Apply For This Job
Description Please visit the City of Anna’s website at www.annatexas.gov to complete an employment application. GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION Under general supervision of...Apply For This Job
TRANSIT DRIVER (PART-TIME) Public Works Drives buses in a safe manner over assigned routes according to established time schedules while...Apply For This Job
APPLY Buncombe County is a caring community in harmony with its environment where citizens succeed, thrive, and realize their potential....Apply For This Job
Recruitment Information Recruitment Number 21-0560 – This vacancy is with the Department of Land & Natural Resources – Engineering Division....Apply For This Job
WORK OBJECTIVE: Under limited supervision, performs supervisory and technical administrative work in the inspection of buildings and related facilities. Work...Apply For This Job