Job Developer/Job Coach
Sign on Bonus **1,000**
TOP 10 REASONS WHY WORKING AT PROGRESS INDUSTRIES IS AMAZING!
1. We offer a very competitive salary and wage increases throughout employment.
2. We allow unlimited OVERTIME.
3. For $100/month you can have health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
4. We offer a 1% gift and 5.5% match on your retirement contributions.
5. We offer a $1000 signing bonus.
6. We offer a $250 education bonus for training and education you bring to the job.
7. We have a very comprehensive training process for new hires and on-going training for all employees to advance their skills and possibility for promotion.
8. We do not give “lip service” to our mission, vision and values. We live and breath it. We are fierce advocates for persons with disabilities and very passionate about what we do.
9. We offer set schedules so that you can have a life outside of work…..work/life BALANCE is important to all of us!
10. PI is just a really great group of people to work with. Come see us and we will prove it to you!
BASIC FUNCTION of the Job Developer
The Job Developer will create an Employment Plan for persons served based on their identified interests and skills that will guide job development activities. The Job Developer will develop relationships and employment opportunities with area employers/businesses to promote and secure community employment for persons served. The Job Developer will report directly to the Community Services Coordinator.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS of the Job Developer
1. Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience (equal to 5 years or combination of education and experience), preferably in human services, sociology, psychology, education, human resources, marketing, sales or business. Within 30 days of hire must complete Job Coach/Developer certification through either Iowa APSE or the College of Employment Services (CES).Within 24 months of hire, must obtain nationally recognized employment support professional certification by taking APSE’s Certified Employment Support Professionals (CESP) exam and keep current as required.
2. Must possess knowledge of various disabilities (i.e.; brain injury, mental illness, Asperger’s, ID, etc.) and implement training programs that are individualized to each person.
3. Must believe that all persons are capable of community based employment.
4. Willingness to accept professional training as provided by Agency.
5. Maintain a valid Iowa Driver’s License with a good driving record, and a private automobile used to carry out job duties. Hold adequate liability insurance (required: $100,000/$300,000/$50,000).
6. Attend all mandatory training required of this position, including 4 hours annual continuing education in employment services. (12 hours annually once CESP certification is obtained)
7. Have adequate computer skills to complete job duties as assigned.
Who is Progress Industries
Progress Industries is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization that provides services and support for people with physical and intellectual disabilities in central Iowa to realize dreams and exercise real choices about where they live, work and socialize. Progress Industries offers a wide range of comprehensive services for people with disabilities and other life challenges. By providing quality services and community education, we tackle issues and barriers facing people with disabilities.
Progress Industries provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $12.04 per hour
ABOUT KENDO Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy –...Apply For This Job
This Sales Executive & Health/Wellness Consultant will be helping generate new accounts within the Utah market as well as responsible...Apply For This Job
McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation...Apply For This Job
Carolina Energy Conservation in Myrtle Beach, SC is seeking a full-time Home Energy Marketing Manager to help grow our customer...Apply For This Job
Marketing Liaison- Travel up to 75% of time _________________________________________ Join one of the nation’s fastest-growing Telehealth companies! We offer the...Apply For This Job
Ignite Visibility, a fast-growing digital marketing company based in San Diego with a fully remote team. We are looking for...Apply For This Job