Rapidly growing accounting & bookkeeping firm is looking for an executive team member with experience in Accounting and Business management to support the CEO and oversee company operations.
Our firm has 7 offices throughout the US, including 2 recently acquired. The firm will continue to grow nationally within the next year and requires more executive level staff to support this growth.
This position will be expected to assist the CEO in a multitude of tasks, some working directly with the executive team, with company employees and some working independently based on the needs of the firm. This individual will be exposed to all department operations and will be expected to identify areas that require improvement and implement those improvements with staff.
Candidate will be expected to manage employees, monitor work, and ensure that all locations are operating cohesively and efficiently. The position will also be required to monitor and track workflow and workload within the firm and ensure that all work is completed in each department and location in addition to monitoring the company’s finances.
This is a full time position plus some. Some weeks are expected to exceed 50 hours and travel will be required. However, this position is considered to have a ‘homebase’ in the Chicago/Naperville area with a main office location in Naperville.
Job responsibilities will vary widely from day-to-day and week to week as the firm grows, however will become more routine as operations are streamlined and acquisitions are completed.
Examples of expected tasks are as follows:
· Advise, implement and train offices & employees on the company’s operating software (training will be provided, this is a user friendly, modern web based operating software)
· Coordinate and evaluate software used across offices – monitor useage, costs, effectiveness, etc
· Intake and manage HR related issues – mostly related to compensation, pay, attendance, vacation, training, and benefits
· Attending to high level customer service issues or advising local staff on how to handle problems
· Overseeing new client set up and account maintenance – especially during the onboarding period (will coordinate with the marketing team)
· Assisting with marketing initiatives
· Overseeing employee and location communications – company newsletters, announcements, training opportunities
· Identifying areas of improvement within staff and securing training or other support for the lacking areas
· Assisting with company accounting – preparing budgets and reports for the CEO; reviewing profitability of departments, employees and teams; Monitor and review company billings and AR for each office; review monthly expenses and other impact to profitability
· Assisting with the preparation of investor reporting and packages
· Employee evaluations and reviews
However, this list is not static and because our environment is dynamic, new issues and problems will frequently arise and will require the individual in this position to be able to switch gears and reprioritize based on the needs of the firm.
Our main business is client service. We are committed to providing a high level of service and support to our clients. This means that candidates must be willing to go the “extra mile” to keep clients happy and satisfied. Our clients demand and we expect that our people be hard-working, conscientious, communicative and attentive to details. This position requires an individual that can adhere to these principles and enforce these values throughout daily operations with staff.
Compensation will be based upon education and work experience. We understand that this is a demanding position that requires a smart and tenacious person. Because we are a relatively small company we cannot offer a high level executive salary that larger firms can offer, however; the starting salary will be compensated with the opportunity to earn meaningful equity in the firm over a 3-5 year period. We consider this position not to be just a job but a real opportunity for an individual that is ready to take on a high level job that will result in long term equity, not just a high starting salary.
Potential candidates must have accounting experience and a 4-year College degree. CPA’s preferred but not required.
Experience with Microsoft office (i.e.,Word and Excel), good communication skills, and the ability to learn and take direction are all a must.
All interested candidates should reply to this position via email with a resume, which should include a phone number and personal email at which you can be reached.
***Please note that all potential candidates must complete a full job application, undergo a background check, provide references and complete a short test on accounting knowledge ***
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $100,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location
Company Summary Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering...Apply For This Job
QCR Holdings Job Description TITLE: VP, Senior Business Analyst OperationsREPORTS TO: EVP, Operations DEPARTMENT: QCRH – OperationsLOCATION: Quad Cities, Des...Apply For This Job
By clicking the “Apply” button, I understand that my employment application process with Takeda will commence and that the information...Apply For This Job
JOB SUMMARY This position is responsible for the coaching and development of a team of supervisors in a fast-paced, dynamic...Apply For This Job
Now interviewing for a driven Multi-Unit Restaurant Director of Operations to oversee our units in LA, Orange, and San Diego...Apply For This Job
Insomnia Cookies is actively hiring for a Store Operations Manager and we are seeking hospitality focused individuals looking to join...Apply For This Job