Quanta Utility Engineering Services, Inc. is a rapidly growing design/engineering/field services company within the U.S. Electric Power Utility Distribution markets. As part of the Quanta Services, Inc. portfolio of companies, QUES has visibility into utility strategies nationwide and has the ability to provide solutions directly to the customer or to partner with other Quanta companies to deliver full service solutions to the nation’s electric utility infrastructure. Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri; QUES is licensed to work in all 50 states and has a nationwide footprint of regional offices.
Our growing company is seeking to hire a Payroll Manager is responsible for the overall processing and management of the Company’s payroll and payroll process. Ensure accurate employee data related to new hires, promotions, transfers, termination and benefit administration and payroll deductions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Perform as point of contact for employees regarding payroll and benefit administration
· Firm understanding of payroll and pay law
· Calculate wages based on hours worked, overtime, exception time, in time keeping system and prepare and execute compensation deductions, bonuses and administer payroll processing timely and accurately
· Ensures all periodic federal and state payroll tax deposits, tax reporting, W-2’s are processed timely and accurately through 3rd party vendor, Ceridian Tax Services
· Coordinate Collective Bargaining Unit’s payments and reporting requirements
· Process applicable payment of non-union employee benefits, coordinating with Benefits team
· Perform daily payroll department operations, including HRIS payroll and timing training
· Administer benefits and retirement deductions, including life insurance, short and long – term disability, and 401(k) contributions
· Ensure the accuracy of all employee benefit enrollments in the HRIS for accurate employee paycheck deductions
· Perform audits and reconcile payroll registers prior to transmission and validate payroll reports
· Process garnishment calculations and ensure state compliance
· Execute electronic time and attendance processing and interface with payroll, including workforce communications
· Prepare accurate and timely journal entries to Accounting to record payroll processing
· Forecast payroll cash calls with Treasury
· Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, W-2c, etc.)
· Produce Ad Hoc payroll reports
· Process owner/Process participant at various stages of weekly/semi-monthly payroll cycle with emphasis on proper segregation of duties, key reports, control compliance, and continuous process improvement
· QA/QC of payroll time submissions and batch processing including charge codes, hours works, verification of proper reviews, control totals, scanning analytics, exception monitoring and account reconciliation.
· Statutory Sick time administration within specific states (OR, WA, CA, NV and CO), as applicable
· Oversight/management of small team of payroll administrators
· Union /Organized labor payroll experience
· Ability / Experience with third party payroll service providers for partial in-house vs outsource process solutions
· Working knowledge of payroll best practices
· Working knowledge of JD Edwards or other similar payroll systems
· Experience with payroll reporting tools
· Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
· Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel
· A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Accounting or related field required.
· At least five years of HR experience processing multi-state payroll; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Do you envision yourself working with the best and brightest in your industry? Do you have a passion for HR...Apply For This Job
Description Job Overview Reporting to the Director, Benefits & Compensation, the Human Resources Specialist is responsible for providing a variety...Apply For This Job
Description About Common EnergyCommon Energy is revolutionizing the energy sector. Our platform enables homeowners and businesses to connect their utility...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Human Resource Manager – Generalist Summary The Human Resources Manager performs functions to assist with various aspects of...Apply For This Job
Description Job Description About Wells Fargo At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them...Apply For This Job
Produce Manager Our independent ShopRite Supermarket chain is owned and operatedby Inserra Supermarkets Inc. The chain consists of approximately 23stores...Apply For This Job