Rago / Wright, the premier auction house for fine art & design, is looking for a retoucher to join our in-house creative team. Photography and post-production excellence is a core value at Rago / Wright. The small team works closely together to bring vintage design, fine art, jewelry & watches and luxury goods to market weekly via three websites: wright20.com (Chicago, IL), ragoarts.com (Lambertville, NJ) & lamodern.com (Los Angeles, CA). Reporting to the Post-Production supervisor & Creative Director, the retoucher will be responsible for finishing & quality control alongside our off-shore vendors, as well as more specialized retouching for vignettes and other marketing images. The ideal candidate has a discerning eye for detail & style but can balance detailed projects with a high volume workflow. The Wright, Rago, & LA Modern brands place significant value on the representation of our material through photography, and the quality of our final images—talented retouchers are vital and valued team members.
– You are an image editor that is both technically knowledgeable and visually driven
– You understand high-quality representation of specialized/luxury material
– You are detail oriented and organized, both with your visual product and work environment
– You value collaboration, seek feedback, and actively work to better your solutions
– You can work autonomously and juggle simultaneous projects while still meeting the required deadlines
– You are open to constructive criticism and can make on-the-fly changes as directed
– 3–5 years experience in photographic retouching
– Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and other relevant programs in Adobe Creative Suite
– Experience with pre-press print and web publishing workflows
– Familiarity with high volume image production and publishing
– Familiarity with outsourced image components: clipping paths, composite layers etc.
– Bonus: Photography, studio lighting experience
– Bonus: Experience retouching for jewelry, fine gems & watches
– Bonus: Experience working within Luxury Ecommerce, Arts and Media Institutions or Technology brands
– Bonus: cinemagraphs, Final Cut pro / video editing experience
Remote with central or eastern working hours.
Proximity to Lambertville NJ / Chicago IL is a notable advantage!
As an employee you will be eligible for a benefits package that adds to your overall compensation. Rago / Wright subsidizes Health Insurance as well as Dental and Vision plans. Life and long-term disability insurance are included at no cost. You Are eligible to participate in Wright’s 401K program, with a fully vested employer contribution match of 3% each year.
To apply please send your resume, cover letter, and a link to your online portfolio/work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject header “Retoucher”.
Urgently Hiring REMOTE Senior Software Engineer (DevopsAWSNodeJS) Position This Jobot Job is hosted by Alvin Truong Are you a fit?...Apply For This Job
Description Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for...Apply For This Job
Your Opportunity At Schwab, we aim to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests. We design innovative...Apply For This Job
Job Details Description MetroNet has an immediate opening for an energetic; customer focused Fiber Splicer! At MetroNet, we pride ourselves...Apply For This Job
This is an opportunity to join one of New Jersey’s most successful telecommunications services companies. This position will be an...Apply For This Job
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL), home of VR, AR and Portal, is a very unique org within Facebook. FRL engineers work...Apply For This Job