Cashier/Host Job Description
General Summary: A Cashier/Host is accountable for directing the traffic flow of guests in the restaurant, all payment transactions, and the security of the cash drawer.
Position reports to the General Manager and requires minimal supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for greeting and seating guests. The cashier/host must know how to read and use the seating chart and wait list .
2. Knowledgeable in Rib Crib products served, the general preparation methods, portion sizes, and prices of each product, ability to discuss with customers in person or over the phone.
3. Answers phone calls, determines the nature of the call and directs calls to appropriate persons. Takes call in orders and answers catering questions when necessary.
4. Oversees the cleanliness and organization of the cashier stand and restroom maintenance.
5. Performs stocking services for the to go station and packages to go orders.
6. Records and analyzes cashflow which may include opening, running and closing duties.
7. Demonstrates a willingness to assume any responsibility or perform any task
(“shift to assist”) regardless of nature to demonstrate that teamwork is part of the operating culture. All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once.
2. Capable of making clear concise oral and written communication to all levels of employees and customers.
3. Understands basic math concepts as required to total costs and make change.
4. Proficient use of restaurant equipment including but not limited to such things as calculators, cash registers, telephones, etc.
Education & Experience: Six months previous job-related experience as determined by management.
Certifications/Licenses: Food Handler’s Permit & completion of Host Module.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
Position is in a climate-controlled establishment. Employees may be exposed to brief periods of temperature extremes of heat or cold in conjunction with internal conditions as warranted for the preservation or preparation of food handling.
All statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, or skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $6.00 per hour
This Job Is:
MVP SONICS is a leading Sonic franchise in Mississippi and we are seeking energetic and motivated team players to join...Apply For This Job
We are seeking a cook/chef/kitchen wiz for our non-profit organization. This is a mostly solo position preparing and cooking meals...Apply For This Job
$250 Sign-on Bonus! OPEN INTERVIEWS every Wednesday in April 2-5 PM! Walk-ins welcome! Great opportunity for teens looking for part-time...Apply For This Job
$400 Sign-On Bonus* Apply Now! Bartender Everyday Kitchen Restaurant and Bar is seeking service-oriented, outgoing and friendly Bartenders that are...Apply For This Job
We are growing our Chili’s Team – join our Chili’s Family! Apply & schedule an interview in 90 seconds Walk-ins...Apply For This Job
About us Hoy Recovery Program, Inc. is a company in HEALTH_CARE_MEDICAL in Velarde, NM 87582. We are challenging and bold....Apply For This Job