Performs all functions related to the operation and maintenance of the sanitary sewer. This includes preparation of contracts, bidding, construction inspection and administration of various sanitary sewer related projects. Preparing and reviewing technical reports, flow monitoring studies, modeling studies as well as investigating and making recommendations on sewer system operations. Attends Sanitary Sewer Municipal Authority meetings and works with the Authority on joint projects and system investigations. Completes related work, as required. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the Director of Engineering.
• Attends Sanitary Sewer Municipal Authority Meetings
• Reviews and prepares technical reports related to the sanitary sewer system.
• Reviews sewer inspection video and logs to determine where sewer repairs are to be completed;
• Performs inspections, engineering analysis, construction administration and provides project management for the annual blanket sanitary sewer contract;
• Prepares drawings, specifications and letters to residents regarding the sewer project locations;
• Updates Municipal GIS sanitary sewer data base;
• Ensures proper restoration of all public and private property disturbed in conjunction with sanitary sewer work;
• Provides dye testing information to plumbers and monitors for compliance with Municipal ordinances;
• Assists public with information on right of way, easements, sanitary sewer laterals, storm sewer lines and topographical maps;
• Maintains files and records on status of engineering plans related to the sanitary sewer system;
• Assists in marking the storm and sanitary sewers for one call system requests;
• Provide engineering support, as needed, for the Inspectors;
• Interacts with residents, public utilities and businesses;
• Coordinates and resolves service requests;
• Performs other assigned tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• General knowledge of construction techniques and materials used in construction projects;
• Some knowledge of the terminology, methods, practices and techniques of civil engineering;
• Ability to make arithmetic calculations; ability to enforce regulations with tact and diplomacy;
• Ability to draft plans and plot maps; ability to understand and work from oral and written instructions and sketches;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates; ability to utilize GPS and GIS technologies.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A minimum education would be a degree in Civil Engineering, and a minimum of 5 years of experience in sanitary sewers and conducting construction inspections.
Possession of an appropriate driver’s license valid in the State of Pennsylvania. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This is light work requiring the exertion of us to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects; work requires climbing, standing, and walking; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for depth perception, color perception, night vision, peripheral vision, preparing and analyzing written or computer data, use of measuring devices, assembly or fabrication of parts at or within arm’s length, operation of machines, operation of motor vehicles or equipment, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, noise and hazards. The worker may be exposed to blood borne pathogens and may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment.
Employment is contingent upon the results of a post-offer (initial employment) drug screen.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a thorough investigation, consisting of a criminal history check, certification check, and education verification check.
Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, Life starting on first day of employment. Other optional benefits, pension.
QUALIFICATIONS: Education and Experience: Any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for satisfactory...Apply For This Job
Work for Indiana Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State...Apply For This Job
Recruitment Information Recruitment Number 21-0683 Salary: $4,600 to $5,600 per month (SR-22, Step C to H) Note: Hiring rates will...Apply For This Job
Kansas Department of Revenue – Customer RepresentativeFull-Time/Benefits Eligible – M-F 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Hourly Pay: $15.75 Apply Here:...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Digital Marketing and Design Coordinator-Intern II Department: Communications Classification: Non-Exempt Position Summary: Performs mid-level professional communications for the City Communications Department, consistent...Apply For This Job
Recruitment Information Recruitment Number: 22-0337 THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL 20 APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED. PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY AS THIS...Apply For This Job