The Human Resources Specialist performs a wide variety of duties in support of Human Resources functions; assist with the coordination and administration of various tasks such as, recruitment of new employees, new employee onboarding/orientation, employee training and development, broader support of organizational culture; and providing technical assistance to SHE staff. This position assesses company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance.
Conducts annual training and development needs assessment.
Develops training and development programs and objectives.
Obtains and /or develops effective training materials utilizing a variety of media and methods.
Provides or coordinates the provision of trainings to staff in a wide variety of topics.
Supports the training activities of staff through third-party training opportunities, including finding and advertising training opportunities, supporting enrollment, tracking training and reporting.
Plans, organizes, facilitates and orders supplies for employee development and training events.
• Perform technical and administrative duties in support of human resources activities and operations.
• Coordinate the implementation of recruitment and selection plans, preparing job announcements, marketing openings, attendance at virtual and in-person job fairs.
• Assist with various onboarding and orientation activities for new hires; participate in initial new hire meetings with employees and explain training and development opportunities.
• Update and maintain documents and confidential files
Demonstrated experience in a staff training and development program, public speaking, teaching, or other related skills. Four-year degree or equivalent/relevant work experience.Knowledge of –
• Theory, principles, and techniques of human resources administration including recruitment and employee training and development.
• Research and reporting methods, techniques, and procedures.
• Principles and practices of effective customer service.
Ability to –
Lead the organizations training and development efforts.
• Perform technical and administrative work in various areas of human resources.
• Maintain confidential information and deal discreetly with confidential and sensitive situations.
• Compile and sort data and information and produce related reports.
• Apply basic principles and techniques of human resources management and program administration.
• Apply basic principles and practices of equal employment opportunity
• Anticipate and diagnose problems, identify possible solutions, and resolve the problem or recommend the most appropriate solution.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing,
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of business including other employees, vendors, consultants, contractors, and the public. The ability to relate well with persons of diverse backgrounds is critical.
• Effectively use computer systems, applications, and modern business equipment to perform a variety of work tasks.
• Plan, coordinate, and organize work activities to effectively meet deadlines.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time